Women in the Reserves
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Women in the Reserves

Hello! I have been searching the internet for a link listing the different MOS at Reserve stations, with no luck. I have been able to find a little information about units in Maryland, specifically an Engineering Battalion, which I believe is Infantry. Can women serve in those Reserve units, in admin or something like that? I am hoping someone has some info/experience with the Reserves, because I am trying to avoid talking to a recruiter until I am better informed. Last time I went to a recruiting station for information, I found myself on the way to boot camp six weeks later

Quote Originally Posted by KLLandreth View Post
    Hello! I have been searching the internet for a link listing the different MOS at Reserve stations, with no luck. I have been able to find a little information about units in Maryland, specifically an Engineering Battalion, which I believe is Infantry. Can women serve in those Reserve units, in admin or something like that? I am hoping someone has some info/experience with the Reserves, because I am trying to avoid talking to a recruiter until I am better informed. Last time I went to a recruiting station for information, I found myself on the way to boot camp six weeks later
    An Engineering Battalion is not an Infantry Battalion. An Engineer Battalion has many MOS's. From Motor Transport to Heavy Equipment, to Supply, to Administration and so on.

I assumed there would be more than just that, but I can't find any kind of list with what MOS there are around here. I would have to pick a new MOS, and am leaning toward Admin because I was the Admin clerk for my old unit (I'm a musician). Do reservists go to the same MOS schools?

They have female Marines serving at this unit.

I assumed there would be more than just that, but I can't find any kind of list with what MOS there are around here. I would have to pick a new MOS, and am leaning toward Admin because I was the Admin clerk for my old unit (I'm a musician). Do reservists go to the same MOS schools?
    Yes, Reserves attend the same MOS schools.

I can find out what MOSs they have there but you will have to give me a few days.

Follow the link, If you would like you could contact the Devil Dog that writes this blog. She was stationed at 4th CEB in Baltimore.

http://akinoluna.com/2010/09/pbs-reg...rine-tale.html

If you are still in the Marine Corps like your profile says, how is it that you know zero about the difference between an engineer unit and an infantry unit. Have you been locked up in the brig since you got out of Boot Camp?

Old Marine, she was a musician. I think they live in their own little world.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Marine View Post
    Gunz: Flute player????

Actually, I got out about a year and a half ago, and yes, I'm a flute player. I was misinformed about the engineer unit from my roommate's brother, so that's my only excuse

Thanks Gunz for taking the time to help me out, I appreciate it.

Thanks Gunz for taking the time to help me out, I appreciate it.
    I contacted the PSR at my unit to see if he can supply me with a list of MOSs in Baltimore. If that fails I have another avenue to go down.

Thread Information