Everyday is Saturday - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Morning Folks

It's going to be a hot one in Sunny California, in the upper 90's, good swimming weather.

We don't have a pool, but my neighbor Jack always has his door open for me to go over to jump in anytime I feel like it in his. His wife died a few months back and he figures its a good security and usually if its been warm, when he comes home I have a ice cold beer sitting out for him and we sit back and talk for awhile.

Coffee great this morning, just the right strength.

Reminds me of the new girl at Starbucks the other day. I already had a cup and wanted a re-fill half decaf and half regular, but I want the de-caf on the bottom, I said.

She puts the de-caf on top after half filling it with regular coffee on top.

I looked at her amazed and said; I wanted de-caf on the bottom. She apologized and said, I'm sorry I forgot and started to exchange it, before I stopped her and said, it really doesn't make a difference. Poor girl some people don't understand my sense of humor... LOL

Well stepping out to water the yawn and do some early yard work. Wife doesn’t understand these things.

First she wanted me to plant grass out in the front yawn and when I did the grass grew and now she wants me to cut it. Figure that out...

Well you all have a good one, it’s going to be a nice day around here, and everyone will be gone. I'll be meeting with some community folks about 8:00 for coffee at Starbucks then back home to update the latest gossip and report to the public on my web site what happened at last night's school board meeting.

I haven't been there in months and one of the board members told me last week that school administrators and other school board members fear that I might show up at their next meeting.
    Folks just don't understand my sense of humor...LOL

Sempers bros

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Decafe on top,regular on the bottom?
    Solution- Just repour the coffee into another cup! LOL

Today the weather decided to tease us..and give us a taste of summer weather....It will be short lived since a cool front is coming through tonight...and we will get back to the fall temperatures by tomorrow.....

Cook....Some folks never understand us.....LOL...

Well Cook, Gary figured out your brain teaser......LOL...I would have done the same.....
    I have included one for those who want to try it...If not the answer is included......

I do believe some of the young folks need to Understand and Learn...What it is to Become a Marine...
    I was told that they want Respect, but never show Respect to Nobody....I did explain to receive Respect they must show it....
    Well with age I hope they do get it.......

All have a Good Day......

Sempers,

Roger

Brain Teaser......
    What do all of these names have in common (besides that they are all feminine)?

Veronica
    Penelope
    Natalia
    Anastasia

Answer:
    The last 3 letters of all names are the last 3 letters of each continent.

VeronICA: Africa, Antartica, North America, South America

PenelOPE: Europe

NataLIA: Austrailia

AnastaSIA: Asia

Honor. Honor guides our uniformed and Civilian Marines to exemplify the ultimate in ethical and moral behavior; to never lie cheat or steal; to abide by an uncompromising code of integrity; respect human dignity; and respect others. The quality of maturity, dedication, trust and dependability commit uniformed and Civilian Marines to act responsibly; to be accountable for their actions; to fulfill their obligations; and to hold others accountable for their actions.

Courage. Courage is the mental, moral and physical strength ingrained in uniformed and Civilian Marines. It carries our uniformed Marines through the challenges of combat and helps them overcome fear. It is the inner strength that enables a uniformed or Civilian Marine to do what is right; to adhere to a higher standard of personal conduct; and to make tough decisions under stress and pressure.

Commitment. Commitment is the spirit of determination and dedication found in uniformed and Civilian Marines. It leads to the highest order of discipline for individuals and units. It is the ingredient that enables 24-hour a day dedication to Corps and country. It inspires the unrelenting determination to achieve a standard of excellence in every endeavor.

Talking ANOTHER SATURDAY! ! ! !

Here it is another glorious day, just happy to be alive and here. Found this nice little cafe that has better coffee than Starbucks. I think that their coffee is over rated. LOL Sparrowhawk if it was me I would have had her re-mix my coffee just for GP. LOL

Respect is earned, and By-God all the Marines in here have earned it. We all have earned it by our blood, sweat and tears. Any Marine who makes it thru Boot Camp and has earned the title of United States Marine deserves to be respected. You don't have to repect the person, but you do have to respect their rank and all that they have accomplished. Enough said on this.

Red Dragon aka HL

Mornign folks

It's going to be another hot one, in the 90's, earthquake weather.

There are four wild fires ablaze all around us but still at a distance, nothing to worry about.

I'm a Starbucks on my laptop on the internet in what they call a T-Mobile hot spot. I can plug into this wireless connection anywhere T-mobile has their wireless connections, like an airports, etc.

It works great when you are sitting on the toilet at an airport, especially when the lap top I have has soft keys so no one knows what I am up to, sometimes if I read Rogers joke posting while there, it does make people wonder... LOL

Used to be that in Nam we used hand signals or colored flares now a days it’s the Internet and emails that convey our messages.

I saw somewhere where soldiers in Iraq were disappointed because they couldn't get to their email.

At the relay Mars station in Da Nang we got to use the phone but had to say "over," and wait for the other person to answer. Now it’s called IM Instant Message, times have changed.

We worried about running out of ammo, they worry about not having any ice available. Things have really changed.

But then again, I was for awhile getting emails from the gulf and that was exciting to be able to communicate with our warriors like that and here I sit at Starbucks enjoy this method of communicating. In a second I'll push the submit button and it will be posted on this web site being hosted elsewhere.

A message I typed up on a lap top thousands of miles away and posted on the internet with a wireless connection.
    Yep, things have changed.

It's Saturday, enjoy life

Sempers

Raining today...on the cool side...and the tempertures will be dropping with increasing winds during the course of the day....Not a day to be outside .....

Cook we can't keep up with all the new technology....Things are changing around us....all the time...
    Two Wars Two different times....We can see how they improved on things...and things that did not work like they figured....More improvement in the works....
    The internet helps us keep up with our love ones anywhere anytime...when we need to speak to them...Made lots of friends that I never meet through the net....Yes talking with Marines while they were in Iraq...had us pulled in to the world....We been there, before, and understood how they felt....They are a future...and we were there to say we do understand...and stand behind them.....They Did Us Proud......

All have a good day.....

Sempers,

Roger

Union-Tribune
    For U.S. troops in Iraq, the Internet is more than a superhighway. It's a 6,000-mile bridge that spans the gap between their frontline positions and their families, friends and favorite department stores back home.

Today

Today...I wish you a day of ordinary miracles- ...

A fresh pot of coffee you didn't have to make yourself.

An unexpected phone call from an old friend.

Green stoplights on your way to work or shop.

I wish you a day of little things to rejoice in...

The fastest line at the grocery store.

A good sing along song on the radio.

Your keys right where you look.

I wish you a day of happiness and perfection-little bite-size pieces of perfection that give you the funny feeling that the Lord is smiling on you, holding you so gentle because you are someone special and rare

I wish You a day of Peace, Happiness and Joy.

They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to forget them.

Morning Folks

Getting ready to drop off daughter at the train station.
    This weekend I'll have all my five daughters home for dinner. They are getting on in their lives and I cherish the times we can get together.

One is a teacher, teaching fourth graders and earning her master's degree. She would make an outstanding school administrator. Good at holding people accountable.

Well it’s going to be a bit cooler here today, going out to Loma Linda Clinic to get a medical ID card. Have never used it before and I have decided to use all of the benefits I am entitled to, as my daughters often benefit as well.

The coffee is on, Yuban, 8 cup container, which I pour into a canister as soon as its done, so that it stays fresh longer. During the early morning hours some folks drop by to see what I am up to.

I guess I should post some of the shenanigans I get into everyday, we were cracking so much yesterday at Starbucks, one of the managers wants to name a section of her store after us. LOL

The local paper took what I had given him and ran a full front-page story on it. He is getting as right wing as I am with my views but still says that Rush Limbaugh views are liberal compared to mine.. LOL

Well, be back alter, off to the train station.

Cook

Ok...Someone turn up the heat..LOL...We had a cold front come through last night which dropped the tempertures....30 degrees....We are suppost to be going into the 50's today...but eith the brisk winds, it feels like in the 30's......Hell had to turn on the heater to take out the chill we had in the house......I don't like the cold......LOL

Cook my kids might live at home, but the only time I really see them is on weekends.....Yea I see them come home from work, but after there day of work....they take there dinner and go upstairs to their bedroom to unwind....The only time we do see them is when they get hungry again, and they come downstairs for more food....LOL...

All have a good day.......

Sempers,

Roger

LEGO Lessons for Life

Life might be less complicated for all of us if we each received our own LEGO kit at birth. Yes, I realize there is a choking hazard for children under three. But when you are old enough, you can learn a lot from LEGOs. I have learned that:

~ Size doesn't matter. When stepped on in the dark, a 2X2 LEGO brick causes the same amount of pain as a 2X8 brick.

~ All LEGO men are created equal (1.5625 inches tall). What they become is limited only by imagination.

~ There is strength in numbers. When the bricks stick together, great things can be accomplished.

~ Playtime is important. Sometimes it doesn't matter what you are building, as long as you're having fun.

~ Disaster happens. But the pieces can be put back together again.

~ Every brick has a purpose. Some are made for a specific spot - most can adapt almost anywhere - but every one will fit somewhere.

~ Color doesn't matter. A blue brick will fit in the same space as a red brick.

~ No one is indispensable. If one brick is unavailable, another can take its place.

~ It doesn't always turn out as planned. Sometimes it turns out better. If it doesn't, you can always try again.

Morning Jarheads

TGIF

I wonder who came up with those word's “Thank God Its Friday?” It must have been someone that didn't know about Saturdays. Didn’t know that everyday can be Saturday when your retired.

Had a gray day yesterday, things didn't seem right and it took me awhile to figure out why.

Perhaps I'll post that over at PTSD 101.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...highlight=ptsd

Its was one of those things that reminds you of a war in your mind and your not aware of it, and it lingers in the back of your mind boiling up and starts to get you down and you don't understand why.

With the activity around my house it’s hard to get down, too much to do everyday.

Daughters coming and going. One has a Shakespearean play to go to and has invited my wife and I. Now, I've read the King James Bible and somewhat understand that but those Shakespearean people they talk funny, worst than trying to understand California’s Gov.-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger speeches...LOL

But, I'll enjoy the time together. I cherish those times, to be with my daughters, don't know if I'll be around when the grand children are born, but I'll enjoy them as they are now.

One of my daughters had a job interview, yesterday. She’s the one studying at FITM the fashion institute of technology and merchandizing where she is learning how to set up store displays and design the interior marketability of stores.

She had applied for a sales or cashier job at Normstorms, for the upcoming holidays. Well she got there and there was a large group of others also waiting to be interviewed. She became discouraged and called me to say she wasn't going to go through the interview as the other girls had their resumes with them and all sorts of brochures. She felt she wasn't prepared.

I wouldn't accept it and finally convince her to go through the process just for the experience she would gain from the interview.

She did, and when they found out about her studies and talents they asked her to come back to help design their store window display for the holidays.

Never quit is a lesson we all have learned as Marines and I guess that helps us in our daily lives as well.

Going over to Starbucks this morning for an early cup. Come join me if you have the time.

Semper Fi

Marines

Yesterday turned out cold...stayed in the low 40's....and we even had snow flurries.....Too cold for this time of year...for us....This is Dec...weather....At least we are going to the higher 40's today and the sun is out....with very little wind......

Cook it was great talking with you again....landline.....
    Cook I can say you have the same feelings as me....I tresure my children...and have encourage them to be the best they can be....
    I'm proud of my children because they did accomplish more then I expected....Finished highschool with scholarships...for college...went to college...and now in the real world as what they set out the goals for.....

Now my dream is to become a grandfather.....but can't say I will see that day.....Our children are all the same age...except you have and extra one.....but I want them all to for full everything they can...while they are still young.......and they are doing it.....Hell that is why they say they are living home with me.....LOL....

TGIF......

All have a good day.........

Sempers,

Roger

THE PERFECT ADVENTURE

Once upon a time, there was an old man who lived in an old abandoned cave. The cave was located on an island called Grace. The old man had been on the island since as far back as he could remember. He was very self-sufficient, as he would gather fruits and berries for his daily food.

One day as he was in the wilderness gathering some food, he discovered a small wooden box barely covered by a pile of leaves. By the looks of it, the elements had caused the wood to start to fade.

The old man thought to himself, "Hmm... I wonder where this came from." He wasn't aware that anyone else had ever been on the island. He brushed the leaves away and picked up the small box. He held it to his ear and shook it. There was something in it. The old man cautiously raised the latch on the box and eased the box open. There was a large gold piece in the box, surrounded by shredded pieces of newspaper. The man took the gold piece out of the box and looked at it more closely. There was a figure of a man carved into the gold. The figure had his arms stretched out and there were children at his feet. The man turned the gold piece over, and it was engraved with the words, "The Way, The Truth, and The Life." "What a beautiful gold piece!" the old man thought to himself. He placed the piece back in the box and smiled. A warmness came over him. He thought to himself, "For all these years, I have been on this island, gathering my food and taking care of myself. I have never seen anyone else here nor had I known whether anyone else had ever been here. I have been living on Grace all these years, and today, I discovered precious gold!"

Morning folks

Having my second cup of coffee, pour yourself a cup and sit back watch the Saturday morning cartoons with your kids (grandkids) for a while.

I still don't have any grand children and I'm in no hurry to get any.

Isn't it amazing the toys and gadgets they have available to kids today?

Why didn't they have toys like that around when I was young?

Neighbor, Albertson store manager left early for his 12-hour shift at his store that is on strike.

His wife been home for two days, she also works at Albertson but walks outside the store picketing.

Today there is a "burning flame of fire," all around us, that reminds me of Johnny Cash is he still alive?

Not much scheduled for today, going to take the day off.. LOL

Spend last evening at the Neighbors taking pictures of the neighbor trying on her Halloween costume.
    LOL

She's a pretty girl, but also a blonde. LOL

Attached Images Attached Images

Damn Sparrow,

Is that picture with or without the costume? If it's before I can reccomend a good realtor. LOL:eek:

Morning Marines

Darn darn, gosh darn clock.

So, my wife doesn't tell me she changed the clocks back, and of course I forgot.

So I gets up likes I normally do at 4:00 am, everything is normal, I open up the garage door to my office and the neighbor is leaving for work at Albertson’s at about 4:30, his wife leaves shortly after that.

Everything is normal, but it seemed to be staying dark a bit longer, and the neighborhood seems to be quite longer even for a Sunday morning.

Clocks in my office when I look at them, say its 6:00 am, then by 7:00 am daylight is finally beginning to show, but I figure its been dark because of the fires all around us.

The sky is an orange red from the suns reflection on the smoke, ashes falling all around. I washed two of my daughter’s cars, my wife's car and it’s still a bit dark.

Then I turn on the TV at 8:00 but my puter monitor and clocks in the office show 9:00 what's up with that.

Why don't the pass the word around here?

Gosh darn grunts were always the last to get the word.

Well, back on standard time. I caught up now with the rest of the world. Felt weird like as if I was in a time zone...LOl

Coffee anyone?

Hey, wake up people still sleeping taking advantage of that extra hour.

Humm, no wonder jo_beth was up, so early...LOL

Sempers everyone

Well we got a touch of spring here agsin today....just cloudy and we are expecting rain again.....I can't keep up with the weather....on day fall, next day winter, next day spring.....
    If I could Cook I would send you some rain....It might help to put out the fires....You should could use it.....

Nothing much planned for today...just relaxing....Did try to start some Holiday shopping yesterday....but did not see anything I really want....I always try to look for something for Ellie special....never know what I'm looking for...but when I find it....I know......

Children are staying home today...they decided to bug me..LOL....They say they Love Me....and just wanted to touch base with me.....I don't get to many days having all at home....so Ellie will be making a big dinner today....since all the family is together......

Cook I set my clocks before I went to bed....but that didn't help....my body decided to wake me up at the usually time..LOL..Now I have to get the body use to the new time again.....

All have a good day........

Sempers,

Roger

A Life Enricher
    Walt Disney once wrote that there are three kinds of people: "well-poisoners," "lawnmowers," and "life-enhancers."

He said "well-poisoners" are the negative types who put other people down and try to discourage them from achieving their dreams. They’re people who should be avoided and whose advice should be ignored. "Lawnmowers" are good citizens who keep up their own yards but seldom venture beyond their back fence. They go to work each day, pay their bills and taxes, obey the laws, and maintain their property but seldom volunteer or get involved in their community.

Then there are "life-enhancers". These are the people who really make life worth living. They go out of their way to enhance the lives of others with encouraging words and deeds.

I share a similar mission in life: to be a person I refer to as a "life-enricher," an encourager, someone who motivates people to always have hope. All of us have opportunities every day to be life-enrichers. It’s as simple as offering a word of encouragement; volunteering our time, talents and treasure to enrich our schools, churches, government or community; or writing a note of thanks to a teacher, a pastor, a public servant or volunteer.

God calls us to be life-enrichers. "Well-poisoners" try to build themselves up by tearing others down but never achieve relief from their misery. Many "lawnmowers" may achieve material success and even respect in this world. But people who serve others will be first in God's kingdom.

We all need to spend time mowing our lawns. But take some time from mowing to get out of your own yard and take a few simple steps to be a life-enricher. Thank your child’s teacher, let your children know you’re proud of them, lend your neighbor a hand, volunteer at your church, be a mentor, help with a fund-raiser, put your talents to work for a charity, give blood, invite your pastor to dinner, write a note of congratulations to a friend or relative who has achieved something special.

You'll be amazed at how your word of encouragement or giving a helping hand can have a dramatic impact on enriching another’s life - and your own!

Beautiful day here in D.C. Rolled into work at 0530 for duty and low and behold, the roads are all blocked off. Nobody bothered to pass word to us watch standers that we had to park 20 klicks away due to the Marine Corps Marathon. I had my own marathon humping to the office! To top it off the off-going didn't have any fresh Joe ready. WTF over! Still a helluva day and only 8 more hours to go! It can always be worse, at least nobody is shooting at me.

Semper Fi

Thread Information