Everyday is Saturday - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Everyday is Saturday ya until war brake out then it Every day is like Sunday to Pray like hell

The sunny is shinning...on this cool breezy fall day.....Leaves are starting too change in colors...It's one of the reasons I still live a state that has all 4 seasons.....Well that is when we get all of them.....We sometimes skip over spring and fall.....LOL....The only season I don't like is the winter....Too cold and snowy....but Ellie enjoys that season....So I have to give her something she wants since I get my way all the time....LOL....

I do enjoy reading to....when I get a chance....I have read WEB Griffin "The Corps"novels...I like to read anything about the Corps, which my kids know, so when they go to the book store, they do look for me....and will buy one when the see something they feel I will like.....

Our house all of us enjoy all sports....The TV's have been set with the baseball games all on....In my house...I have a few that like the Red Sox...and some the Yankees....I hate to see tonight...LOL....I know my kids.....I like the Yankees....

Need some more coffee....and need to do some work to make a little more money today......

All have a good day........

Sempers,

Roger

Everday is Saturday...

...and then I got bored!

Well after reading the posts here I thought I would chime in with my times. I started working when I was 14 or so worked through HS and then off to boot camp and the Marines. I did that for 11+ years, did the reserves for a couple of more years then thought I would be a real cicvilian and get a new career. That lasted until Desert Storm and I went back in to do my part. Got out again in '93 and back to being a firefighter. Went into contract security management/consulting and have been doing that for 10 years or so. Now, I just turned 45 and will be off to the Police Academy, guess I miss all the fun of a boot camp life, to start my new career as a police officer here in SC. Guess my weekends will have to wait till I'm dead.

I see I'm the only civilian to post here so far. I figure Sparrowhawk can delete this if'n he wants to, so what the heII.

Growing up Saturdays were always chore days. Thats the day we did the weekly stuff around the house under mom's direction.

now adays Saturdays are the day to recover from Friday night..Sunday is chore day now.

Sophie

You kidding, you're the first redhead to post on this tread.

For redheads everyday is Saturday in my eyes...LOL

now adays Saturdays are the day to recover from Friday night..Sunday is chore day now.
    Humm, chore days? I burned the honey-do list the second day after I retired.

LOL

Morning folks

Nice and briskly this morning, neighbors are gone, coffee's brewing, and the sun will be coming up in just a few minutes.

It's another day and in the neighborhood, things are right with the world, well sort of.

Woke up this morning and gave thanks for another day of living. Everyday I don't expect to wake up or maybe to wake up from this dream.

I've often felt that I was truly killed in the rice paddy fields of South East Asia and all this is just a dream, a dream that one day I'll just wake up from and still be there popping caps or going through the dying process.

It doesn't scare me, death or to leave this world behind. Have you ever imagined what your obituary would read like?

Here's what I would like for my obituary to read.

Cook Barela died yesterday
    He was a Marine, an artist, a photographer, writer, historian and got under many a politicians skin
    He was tall dark and handsome
    Very good looking actually
    A lot of women are expected at his funeral
    Please call for a reservation

I may not like the pain and suffering that is often associated with death, but I feel I'm at peace with my creator, believe in the after life, heck I've seen enough of the dark side of life to know there is a better one up ahead.

But everyday, I feel its Saturday in more ways then not. Its another day to live and enjoy life, to deal with troubles and problems, solve some and blame my neighbors for the others or give others the chance to do what is right. LOL

I remember my D.I., who told us that if we were killed in Nam we weren't suppose to die until we killed the bastard that killed us. Saw a few Marines fight on, after being shot several times, some lived some died. Have always felt I owed them a life, so I'll live it the best way I could.

Taking the next three days off, wife and I are taking a train trip to San Luis Obispo and just getting away for a bit. Not that I need it...LOL

Guess we all need a day off from our own Saturdays in life.

Sempers everyone

If everyday was Saturday for me it would mean I'd have a handsome husband who treated me like a queen. Then I wake up and it's friday I'm taking my baby and some of her college pals out tonight to my favorite friday night hotspot. Gonna treat them to some good cajun food and music. Saturday is my babe's birthday. My God she's gonna be 23..dang do I feel old! So Saturday I'll recover and hit the chores on Sunday.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    To me every day is almost saturday and when saturday finally does come around, heck, it's almost sunday. I guess you can tell I haven't retired yet.
    Speaking of retiring, does anyone know of a good third world country where my social security benefits will actually be worth something? I still have a couple of years to learn a language. LOL
    Naw, saturdays are a gas. As long as the people that I love and care for are doing well...I'll be alright.

It a bright cool morning...Looking outside would make you think it is warm..but it is not....Well today is saturday....and I have the day off....Don't have to fix things, and I don't have to talk to the accounts on the phone....I love when I have off....

Not much things planned for today....just would like to put a coat of wax on the car....have to get ready for the winter weather....and I do beleive it going to be cold and snowny...Have been hearing and seeing the geese...They are heading south....They have been doing this since Sept...but you know you always have the ones who wait to the last minute.....

Here is something for us 60 plus club should enjoy....and they say getting old don't have there advantages.....LOL..

Sempers,

Roger

THE PERKS OF BEING 60+

1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.

2. In a hostage situation, you are likely to be released first.

3. No one expects you to run -- anywhere.

4. People call at 9 p.m. and ask, "Did I wake you?"

5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.

6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.

7. Things you buy now won't wear out.

8. You can eat dinner at 4 p.m.

9. You enjoy hearing about other people's conditions.

10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.

11. You have a party and the neighbors don't even realize it.

12. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.

13. You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.

14. You sing along with elevator music.

15. Your eyes won't get much worse.

16. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.

17. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the National Weather Service.

18. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.

19. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.

20. You can't remember who sent you this list.

Morning Folks

It's still morning in California...LOL

been up since 4:00 then fell back to sleep, wife woke me up at 6:30 when the coffee was being delievered.

we're staying at the Apple Tree Inn, in San Luis Obispo

http://www.applefarm.com
    It's a bit of a fuffu place,,,,lol

Using my trustee camera phone,took this picture in the lobby this morning, while reading the paper and drinking coffee.

You all have a nice day, its a soft day here, very quite, going to the mission and taking a tour of the area.

Attached Images Attached Images

San Luis Obispo is Girlie...

I don't mean there are lots of women, however, the ones I saw were good looking and there are planty of them here, what I mean is that the whole town is fuffu, you know girlie, like feminine, everywhere you go.

Even the heads have all kinds of lady stuff in them. While I may live in a household of women our home is not decorated like a flower shop or a boutique.

Coffee is good at the Inn we are staying in, but the room is too enclosed, canopy bed and all. Too enclosed, can't stand being closed up like that.

I realize more then ever how at home I need to have the windows open, curtains open, guess its all part of watching your back, being able to see all around you. You can’t check the perimeter in the middle of the night when you are so enclosed like the rooms in this place are.

It’s amazing how war does affect us, in even the smallest things like a room you stay in 35 years later.

Riding on the train

The Amtrak ride out here was great; riding along the coast, the train ride was smooth and not too crowded.
    Met a navy personnel on board that had served in Iraq and did diving for the Navy there on the Euphrates River. I asked him if the nights were filled with flares up in the air, and his eyes lit up, and he realized he was talking to someone that had experience war.

A five hour trip back tomorrow. Probably have dinner in the diner car.

Started my day a little late today.....Took Ellie on a haunted hayride last night....with my family.....Plan didn't work out right...They told me they always lose one a person on each ride.... ..Well Ellie was still here....

We did enjoy ourselves......Something different...and to watch the folks scream when the actors come out to scare the folks...there were some funny moments....

Afterwards....we sat by the bon fires...to keep warm...to listen to the live band...that was playing....The kids were cooking hotdogs, and toasting marshmallows and we all started to pop open the beer....while we waited for our food....
    Did meet a few vets...that were around...Talked about the difference...we see in the old and new...of the branches......

To end the evening we all decided to go out for breakfast since we were all getting hungry again from running our mouths so much......

Cook I do understand what you are saying about having to know your surroundings...I don't like to to be enclosed either.....

Ellie has nic-nacks around the house....but she does not only suit for herself.....She has eagles up for me....besides her bells, and her religious figures.....To make me feel right at home she does buy me Marine Corps...items which is displayed around the house....and of course we do have our childrens pictures up...through their ages....I guess the next pic that will go up is my oldest daughters wedding pic since she announce she will be getting married in the fall of 2005....

Well all have a good day........

Sempers,

Roger

Morning folks

October 20, 2003

It's another Saturday morning in the neighborhood.

Jim and Janet the neighbors from across the street went off to work at Albertson's grocery store, early this morning. Jim will work a 12-hour shift since he is the manager and Jill will be outside on the picket line, since the employees were locked out.

Dave came out this morning, before leaving for work it seems he opened his garage door, and water poured out. He said, he repaired a washer in the upstairs bathroom, and it leaked all night. I don't think I'll ask him for any help with my plumbing needs.

Daughter off to school, driving herself this morning.

Trip back on the train along the coast was great. Dinner in the Diner car, outstanding.

Trains are not too comfortable for sleeping on, so only caught a three-minute nap, but that was enough.

Roger congrads on your daughter's upcoming marriage, I can wait for my time to come up..LOl

It's going to be a hot day here in sunny California, over 100 degrees, in October?

Got the coffee on, anyone want to join me for a cup, pour yourself a cup, sit back and enjoy the day. Wife will get up soon enough or your boss will come in to get you to do something, so might as well enjoy life when you can...

Attached Images Attached Images

Weekend is over...Monday is upon us already....Some of us have to work....and some are enjoying their extra time they have since they did their time in the work force.....

Cool bright day....today....Children all off starting their new journey in life...You ask them and they will tell you now....Life sucks!!.....I tried to tell them you don't want to grow up, but they didn't listen to me.....LOL....

It's funny when you are young you can't wait to grow up and be an adult....When we are older we want to go back in time and enjoy the things we missed when we were younger....My mind would love to do a few things that I did enjoy when I was younger but the body tells me different....

I guess the trick is on us.....We just have to teach the young folks all the knowledge we learned and pass it on....for them to fullfil...things in life.......

Sempers,

Roger

The most destructive habit.......................Worry
    The greatest Joy.......................................Giving
    The greatest loss................. ............ .......Loss of self-respect

The most satisfying work.......................Helping others
    The ugliest personality trait....................Selfishness
    The most endangered species.............Dedicated leaders

Our greatest natural resource................Our youth
    The greatest "shot in the arm"................Encouragement
    The greatest problem to overcome........Fear

The most effective sleeping pill................Peace of mind
    The most crippling failure disease...........Excuses
    The most powerful force in life..................Love

The most dangerous pariah......................A gossiper
    The world's most incredible computer.....The brain
    The worst thing to be without.... ................ Hope

The deadliest weapon...............................The tongue
    The two most power-filled words.............."I Can"
    The greatest asset......................................Faith

The most worthless emotion......................Self-pity
    The most beautiful attire.............................SMILE!
    The most prized possession..................... Integrity

The most powerful channel of communication.............Prayer
    The most contagious spirit.........................Enthusiasm

Talking ANOTHER DAY GONE BY! ! ! !

Another day has passed by, what have you done today. If we all accomplish one thing each day, just think how our lives will be full filled. As Marines we do help our Brothers/Sisters without thinking twice about it. Let that same Spirit flow over to the civilians, but than again that is what makes us Marines diferent from everbody else. Yes! Today is saturday and tomorrow is saturday, a day to start off something new.

Red Dragon aka HL

Thread Information