COL John Glenn USMC-Ret Biographical Error - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I cant recall any unethical behavior from Col Glenn. But, it may be because I am a little younger than y'all. I am sure he pulled some strings to go up in the Shuttle, but I can't fault him for that. They didnt want him to fly anymore because of the danger of losing a national icon after the Mercury program. I would have loved to have seen him in the Apollo program. I am on the opposite end of the political spectrum from him, but cant help but like the man as a Marine and as an Astronaut.

Credits
    Savings
    Col. Glenn was a Marine first, an astronaut second and a politician third. If he some how messed up the third one, it doesn't diminish from the first two. I'd be honored to meet him.

Keating 5, of course. He voted to cut military funding every chance he got. He skunked the China bribery committee investigation to get the democrats off the hook. He pushed disarmament every chance he got, and tried to hand over control of reactors to the UN.

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Other than his big screw up with the Keating scandal, which he and McCain were exonerated I can't think of anything else he did that would be considered dishonorable. BTW, that's why I refer to him as Col. Anyone who has earned 5 DFC's and 5 AM's, first American to orbit the earth rates OK in my book

Garyius, if you have something to add please do. But Mike started this whole thread to change Glenn's bio from soldier to Marine. Whether you like him or his politics or not, I think you'd have to agree he rates the title he earned

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Garyius View Post
    Keating 5, of course. He voted to cut military funding every chance he got. He skunked the China bribery committee investigation to get the democrats off the hook. He pushed disarmament every chance he got, and tried to hand over control of reactors to the UN.
    Thank you for the info, I did not know most of what you mentioned. So as to the original post, do you agree that Col. Glenn should be referred to as a Marine or as a soldier in the bio mentioned?

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    garyius, missed the point, I do believe!

Interesting. I'd like to see some independent links for that. While I might have disagreed with the Colonel on some of his views, he always had my respect. Loved 'The Right Stuff' LOL. I always sorta considered him one of the last 'conservative' type dems...was I wrong?

If you click on the link now, they have changed Col. Glenn's biography to correctly reflect that he is a Marine in the last paragraph. Unfortunatly, they changed the website design to include a symbol that is obscene to say the least.

Thread Information