Thorough Explanation of wtf Combat Support (CE) is please? because i have no idea!! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    Gunny the only plane I know of with that capability is KC-130 Hercules. Certain variants of that bird are equipped with a 30mm cannon. But there are so few of them,whoever is tasked with firing that "big ass gun" isn't going to be some E-1 fresh out of boot
    I am under the impression that it is the Air Force that mans those guns. The only aerial gunning that I know the Marine Corps to do, is door gunning on one of the helos.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Covey_Rider View Post
    I am under the impression that it is the Air Force that mans those guns. The only aerial gunning that I know the Marine Corps to do, is door gunning on one of the helos.
    I did some checking and this is what I found

"With the addition of the Marine Corps's ISR / Weapon Mission Kit, the KC-130J will be able to serve as an overwatch aircraft and can deliver ground support fire in the form of Hellfire missiles, precision-guided bombs, and eventually 30mm cannon fire in a later upgrade."

"
    The Harvest Hawk weapons system for USMC KC-130J aircraft began its first deployment during October 2010 in Afghanistan with Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 352 (VMGR-352) . Its first weapons engagement was on November 4 supporting the 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, in Sangin. One Hellfire missile was fired and five enemy insurgents were killed. The battle damage assessment stated there were no civilian casualties or property damage during the fire fight"

I remember reading about this weapons kit about a year ago. I thought they had already been in operations sooner. I guess I was wrong but they appear to be coming on line in the near future

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

woops!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunz View Post
    Refer to me as Gunnery Sergeant, and yes if your a 1371 Combat Engineer you will not be to the other MOSs. If you are going in as Combat Arms option then you will most likely get assigned to one of the MOSs. It's a crap shoot. I would have to see your enlistment paperwork.
    Sorry Gunnery Sergeant. oh and i found out that all this information is FALSE! i relooked at my enlistment paperwork and found that i am Combat Support (CM) not (CE) C M!!! thanks for all the help though! and i ship out April 11th! w00t!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    ... and as soon as he was slightly reprimanded, off he went!

Good show Gunny!! Good on you.

Gwaa! No!! My internet was down for the past few days!

Credits
    Savings
    nevermind... i cant find there being a (CM)... ah well, as long as I can say I was blowing SOMETHING up...

dawg, it's arty, tanks, aavs or laad, no KC-130's for you. LAAD is gay.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil1087 View Post
    dawg, it's arty, tanks, aavs or laad, no KC-130's for you. LAAD is gay.
    yeah thats what ive been told lol. however, my recruiter said thats the oen im likely to get, and its been cleared up, when i looked at my enlistment papers (myself this time) all that good **** was on there. im just nervous now because i saw Air Traffic Control as one of the jobs i might get, but thats just one, what are the odds right??? (is now realizing he just jinxed himself)

Quote Originally Posted by snipertippy View Post
    Sorry Gunnery Sergeant. oh and i found out that all this information is FALSE! i relooked at my enlistment paperwork and found that i am Combat Support (CM) not (CE) C M!!! thanks for all the help though! and i ship out April 11th! w00t!
    Alright, best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by snipertippy View Post
    yeah thats what ive been told lol. however, my recruiter said thats the oen im likely to get, and its been cleared up, when i looked at my enlistment papers (myself this time) all that good **** was on there. im just nervous now because i saw Air Traffic Control as one of the jobs i might get, but thats just one, what are the odds right??? (is now realizing he just jinxed himself)
    I highly Doubt your going to get Air Traffic Controller, if you have a good swim qual, you will do tracks, trust me i know.

Thread Information