Question... - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question...

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    Marines at our station will usually give us a REALITY CHECK. What does this mean? One dya we will pt to death, just absolute killing our bodies. Two people puking, many people feeling the need to faint (Drink your @&$% water!) stuff like that. Then when we formate into columns to hear what a recruiter has to say, they would say stuff like, "What you just went through, is 10X worse in boot camp," or "This is not even close to what you will recieve in recruit training," The first time that happened to me, I was scared ****less.

I had to bust my ass in pt to get physically and mentally tough. Yet when we recieve letters from recruits who are in boot camp, they would write stuff like, "What ever you poolees are doing in pt will not help you at all in boot camp," This was coming from the previous guide in our station before I got it, and this guy was a monster!

Quote Originally Posted by PooleeGewarges View Post
    Marines at our station will usually give us a REALITY CHECK. What does this mean? One dya we will pt to death, just absolute killing our bodies. Two people puking, many people feeling the need to faint (Drink your @&$% water!) stuff like that. Then when we formate into columns to hear what a recruiter has to say, they would say stuff like, "What you just went through, is 10X worse in boot camp," or "This is not even close to what you will recieve in recruit training," The first time that happened to me, I was scared ****less.

I had to bust my ass in pt to get physically and mentally tough. Yet when we recieve letters from recruits who are in boot camp, they would write stuff like, "What ever you poolees are doing in pt will not help you at all in boot camp," This was coming from the previous guide in our station before I got it, and this guy was a monster!

Well from what I've heard brother, the physical part of bootcamp isn't NEARLY what it used to be. If you can run your 3 miles, and put out- you'll be fine. The guide was probably talking about the mental aspect, you know getting "****ed" with constantly- that's something you can't prepare for at all.

We better not post a new thread though or the Marines will be on our asses.

^^^^The Marines made a thread in the Open Squad Bay. The newer Marines there even say it isn't as physical as they thought it would be.

We wont know until we get there but all we can do is get into basic shape for it.

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    Either way, I am sure it will be one of the most hardest things I would ever do in my life, apart from after boot camp. I am usually scared ****less of my recruiters when I mess up at pt, so god imagine the Drill Instructors.

And I am still going to be nervous like a bag of kittens the day before I ship.

Marine Friend Free Member mattraburn's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    My first poolee function was saturday. i ran the 1.5 and felt like i was gonna die. i got a 10:20 did 7 pullups and 62 crunches. i thought i was in reasonable shape, but the ist kicked my butt. Maj. P. B. Byrne was there and was talking to us. I locked my knees trying to stand as straight as i could, and i blacked out along with 2 other guys in the dep with me. it was embarrassing. but i have motivation now. i dont wanna settle for anything short of fastest or strongest in my dep group.

Get you some of that hurt new Poolee! Congrats on choosing the military/Marine Corps as your futuree employer.

Nice numbers bro, you'll do fine but don't stop there.....CONTINUE TO PUSH!!! Never settle bro!

I know I'll still be nervous with the "oh ****......what's next." I think nobody really wants to go there and be like man it wasn't **** so you take the competitive edge males usually have and amp it up. If you continue to excel then it will be hard for you to go from running 3 miles fro 20 to 18 min. That's a challenge in itself.

Oh yea, you never lock your knees hence when standing at attention your knees are slightly bent.

Credits
    Savings
    I smoked a smoked before and after my 1.5, maybe not a good idea, but oh well. Gonna be nice dropping 5000-6000 feet elevation and not smoking anymore.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    This is one motivating ass thread. I do think that Poolees on this website are more motivated because I'm sure the USMC is always on your mind. Every little thing I do, I think to myself, is this going to help me or not for RT? Cheers brothers keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by DGarmo View Post
    This is one motivating ass thread. I do think that Poolees on this website are more motivated because I'm sure the USMC is always on your mind. Every little thing I do, I think to myself, is this going to help me or not for RT? Cheers brothers keep it up
    WHAT'S THAT SOUND THE SPARTANS MADE DURING THE MOVIE '300'?

AWEROO!
    AWEROO!
    AWEROO!

MAMMA MAMMA DON'T YOU CRY [MAMMA MAMMA DON'T YOU CRY]
    MARINE CORPS MOTTO IS DO OR DIE!!

This thread is motivating because you actually see people giving active advice to each other.

Regardless of the *newer* RT PT remarks there's still advice in keeping the idea of always doing your best instead of the bare minimum to scoot right throught RT.

You never heard your Recruiters say, "I know that 2 is the IST minimum but your ass better give me 5!" If someone can only do 2 and they push out 4 thats them putting out.

Regardless of how you see it bro, all of us try to motivate each other on here

Here's the discussion the Marines are having about boot camp then and now.....

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=102216

Read it for yourselves but like one Marine said, " Regardless of how the standards are now our boys are whooping ass and taking names in Afghan!"

I'm sure that if you just PT at a mediocre pace and just try to get through the session, you will say "oh that's not as bad as I thought" But I guarantee you that If your putting out 110 percent and actually pushing your limits, Its going to be rough, EVEN if you are a high PFTer.

I score around 275 on the PFT and I wouldn't exactly say PT sessions are a cake walk since you can always go faster and harder.

PooleeGewarges
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon2HaveEGA843 View Post
    Here's the discussion the Marines are having about boot camp then and now.....

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=102216

Read it for yourselves but like one Marine said, " Regardless of how the standards are now our boys are whooping ass and taking names in Afghan!"
    Amazing! I do respect the "old Marines highly, and the present Marines just the same. I am sure that recruit training will still have an amazing impact on me, and scare me ****less.

DEP is not only to just better all of ourselves individually but also to forge leadership skills and this Poolee thinks a great leader is also a great motivator. You should work with that Poolee and motivate him to better himself!

Last edited by ChrrySkoal; 03-08-11 at 06:58 AM. Reason: spelling error

wow my RSS only has pool functions once a month > not fair

Thread Information