BCP Question
Create Post

Thread: BCP Question

BCP Question

I'm an active duty Sergeant, been in 11 years. In Nov. I hurt my back on a CFT, had 2 months of light duty and was told not to do any cardio that would mess up my back and then started on LIMDU on 1 Feb, now my unit Doctor is telling me that he is recommending that i go on BCP because I do not have an underlying reason for weight gain even though 2 doctors gave light duty and now I am on LIMDU for the same problem and on all light duty and LIMDU paperwork it clearly states "No Cardio" & "Light Swim". Is there any way to not ruin my career with an adverse fitrep for being put on BCP?

Sgt Of Marines

Quote Originally Posted by corpscop1 View Post
    I'm an active duty Sergeant, been in 11 years. In Nov. I hurt my back on a CFT, had 2 months of light duty and was told not to do any cardio that would mess up my back and then started on LIMDU on 1 Feb, now my unit Doctor is telling me that he is recommending that i go on BCP because I do not have an underlying reason for weight gain even though 2 doctors gave light duty and now I am on LIMDU for the same problem and on all light duty and LIMDU paperwork it clearly states "No Cardio" & "Light Swim". Is there any way to not ruin my career with an adverse fitrep for being put on BCP?

Sgt Of Marines
    The short of the matter is that even though a Marine is on light/limited duty, he/she is still responsible to keep themselves within the height/weight standards (exception is made for pregnancy since there's a whole other person growing in there....). I will say that one adverse fitrep for BCP shouldn't ruin your career. May take a little while to overcome it, but it certainly shouldn't ruin you.

Thread Information