Questions about my recruiter....what should I do? - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus5405 View Post
    Ok Marines

Tact is the skill used to handle delicate situations. There are times and places for everything and sometimes it is best to be tactful when replying and not say something that can be offensive or inappropriate. When being scrutinized by people of higher standings, it is best to be tactful and just take it like a man. An example of this would be if a DI is criticizing me for not doing something properly, I should just keep my mouth shut and listen.
    Outstanding! Now, look back on this thread and find one thing you could have asked "tactfully" and rephrase that. After that I am going to give you a scenario where you have to give a tactful response.

I could have changed this title from "my recruiter is a total liar" to "is my recruiter lying to me?"

I could have changed this title from "my recruiter is a total liar" to "is my recruiter lying to me?"
    How about, "Is there more to what I have been told by my recruiter?"

Here is your first scenerio on tact. Tell me how you would reply.

You have a wife or girlfriend and she says, "Does this dress make me look fat?" What is your answer?

Quote Originally Posted by TunTvrnWarrior View Post

You have a wife or girlfriend and she says, "Does this dress make me look fat?" What is your answer?
    Yes it does.

Quote Originally Posted by rktect3j View Post
    Yes it does.
    Baahahahaha. Good ol' Honest Abe

Quote Originally Posted by TunTvrnWarrior View Post

no it does not, but losing a few pounds wouldn't hurt

ooohhhh...epic Fail! haha

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Those pants don't make you look fat .... it's your fat that makes you look fat.

no it does not, but losing a few pounds wouldn't hurt
    I set you up for failure on this one. There is no tactful answer on that question. So... you might as well say, "no, but your butt makes you look big in that dress" You are screwed no matter how you answer the queston.

In boot camp, no matter what answer you give is wrong. The key is to get you to think fast and give the most tactful answer at the same time to your Drill Instructor. They are looking for how you handle pressure. You will always be wrong in boot camp. Get used to it.

He's learning though. Although I didn't like how he went about all of this, I'll give him credit for not running and shooting off at the mouth. Got some potential kid.

Spartacus, the first thing you need to learn is how to think, be aware, and be alert. You will be told what to do, when to do it, and how to do it in boot camp without thinking. However, you will be tested by anticipatory commands. A lot of people jump the gun without thinking before the command is completed. When they do in boot camp, there will be lots of pain.

So, start to exercise your mind to be aware and alert at all times. Listen to what you are told. Process it in your mind as you are being told something and execute the command. This could be from your recruiter or a teacher for example.

Thanks Marines you've taught me so much in so little time, if this is how boot camp is then by the time I graduate (if all goes well) I will come out a genius. I'm so excited for boot camp!

Quote Originally Posted by Silentwarrior17 View Post
    He's learning though. Although I didn't like how he went about all of this, I'll give him credit for not running and shooting off at the mouth. Got some potential kid.

He is a good kid. He just needs some work.

Thanks Marines you've taught me so much in so little time, if this is how boot camp is then by the time I graduate (if all goes well) I will come out a genius.
    That's what I am afraid of. Your Drill Instructors calling you a "genius". It is not a compliment. Keep your ears open, mouth shut and your mind alert in boot camp.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    If I listened to everything I was told about the birds and the bees at your age.....I would have been screwing woodpeckers...because everybody lied to me!

Thread Information