Questions about my recruiter....what should I do?
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Questions about my recruiter....what should I do?

My recruiter has been rushing me and is totally acting shady. he made me go do my asvab last week and I got an 80, he interrogated me for like 4 hours telling me that his office might close, that the spot would be full by the time i was ready to do my physical and so forth till I caved in and made me do my physical reluctantly. On the way over there the next morning he informed me I was to swear in that day too. He also made me enlist open contract saying I could change it soon and that it was imperative I join the dep asap so I could secure my spot as 03xx, I did. now I found out that if i was eligible for pay because I'm under 18 (is it true) and my recruiter made no mention. Now after I'm locked in he has left me in the dust I haven't heard from him in a couple days when I thought I was suppose to lock in my job of choice which I haven't
    I'm really frustrated, any advice guys?

You are not locked into anything. You state you are under 18 so you can't sign a legally binding document. Your parents would have to sign with you.

Get a different recruiter and don't sweat it.

The summer months will bring a huge influx of recruits to the depot. That being said, your recruiter might just be trying to get you a ship date (giving the benefit of the doubt here). With the Corps being as tough as it is now a day, I'd say go with what you are going through now. If you have passed up until now, you are golden. But what I can tell you is this...No matter what you recruiter or the SNCOIC of the recruiting station tells you keep going for the job you want. You have 1 yr from the time you DEP until you HAVE TO ship out. If you are already on the books, and have already sworn in you are golden. I'm not saying you will get what you want but there is a better chance now that you are in the DEP. Keep pushing and talk to the SNCOIC of your recruiting staion. Every month new jobs open up and depending on your district you might be in luck. Worst thing that can happen out if it, is that you go to boot camp (regardless of MOS) and become part of something that can never be taken away. Good Luck.

I feel like he's holding out bonuses and offers on me

Maybe you should pull your foreskin over your eyes and report to Recruit training when you are told to. Suck it up and try to become a decent Marine.

There was a time and not to long ago that when you enlisted, recruits never knew what their MOS was until the day before graduation.

It seemed much easier during my day, before computers, and cell phones, and ipods and all the other BS you guys have access to these days.

All I can tell you is to worry about getting your Job first and then go from there. You don't join the Corps for a bonus, you join for a while bunch of different reasons but that shouldn't be one of them. If you think he is hiding something then ask him. But if you have already DEPed through him you are pretty much stuck with that recruiter.

Credits
    Savings
    Most didn't know until we were leaving ITR.

All I knew, I was to be a Winger.

Well I'm not joining the corps for money, if I wanted that I would have gone army or air force, I joined the marines because I wanted to be part of somethingbigger than me and join the elite brotherhood. it's just other ppl in DEP are getting bonuses for no damn reason and the one I was offered was 15000 to be a pc tech and I wouldn't pick that for a million dollars

First - it's "Marines" not "marines"

Second - there are no bonuses for "Open Contract"

Third - I don't believe that they are paying bonuses for 03XX either. Too many guys wanting to be infantry.

Fourth - Your recruiter will take care of you, just keep in mind that you are not his number one priority right now - those poolees shipping next week are his number one priority. For you - you are the important thing at this point - - for the Marine Corps, you're not. Better get used to that.

Fifth - take the time to read your post before hitting the "submit" button. Punctuation, capitalization, spelling and grammar can help get your point across a whole lot easier.

As mentioned above - hold out for what you want. You've got time - don't ship until you have an acceptable MOS field lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus5405 View Post
    Well I'm not joining the corps for money, if I wanted that I would have gone army or air force, I joined the marines because I wanted to be part of somethingbigger than me and join the elite brotherhood. it's just other ppl in DEP are getting bonuses for no damn reason and the one I was offered was 15000 to be a pc tech and I wouldn't pick that for a million dollars
    Other people are getting bonuses for a reason http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news...ruits-021311w/ .

The Marine Corps needs certain MOS's manned more than they need 03xx at this time.

My recruiter has been rushing me and is totally acting shady. he made me go do my asvab last week and I got an 80, he interrogated me for like 4 hours telling me that his office might close, that the spot would be full by the time i was ready to do my physical and so forth till I caved in and made me do my physical reluctantly. On the way over there the next morning he informed me I was to swear in that day too. He also made me enlist open contract saying I could change it soon and that it was imperative I join the dep asap so I could secure my spot as 03xx, I did. now I found out that if i was eligible for pay because I'm under 18 (is it true) and my recruiter made no mention. Now after I'm locked in he has left me in the dust I haven't heard from him in a couple days when I thought I was suppose to lock in my job of choice which I haven't
    I'm really frustrated, any advice guys?
    A. Your recruiter is not lying to you.
    B. You dont get pay during the DEP.
    C. If I was offered a $15,000.00 bonus to be a computer nerd, I would take it and put it into savings. I would also get a pocket protector for my MARPAT uniform if they required it to be paid a $15000.00 bonus.
    D. Your recruiter knows what he is talking about when it comes to the 03XX field openings and how to get you into a slot. Everyone wants to be a grunt. Because of that, you are in a holding pattern much like an aircraft is around an airport until you can land in the slot. That holding pattern is "Open Contract."
    E. Just because it doesnt go your way, does not mean the recruiter is a liar.

Ok guys I understand sorry about the rant, if any I'll see if I'm eligible for the recon bonus, I have the gt score qualification and 7 months to get into shape. Thanks for the info guys and semper fi

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Ok guys I understand sorry about the rant, if any I'll see if I'm eligible for the recon bonus, I have the gt score qualification and 7 months to get into shape. Thanks for the info guys and semper fi

I suspect that most of this post was made just to get a reaction and more than likely made by a troll.

He is just not locked on.

Semper Fi????

Holy crap.

And can I get a 20 year retroactive bonus?

POOLEE/WANNABEE SITE RULES! Read FIRST!!!

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...t=28989&page=2

Thread Information