Looking for birth father info
Create Post

Looking for birth father info

I am looking for information regarding a Marine who was from the Detroit MI area. He was a Recruiting officer in the Detroit area, maybe also the Lansing office back in the early 1970's.

I was born on 6/30/73 in Lansing MI. My birth mother was a Marine who was at Parris Island. I do not know if my birth father was also at Parris Island.

Any information on how to possibly find out who were the Recruiting officers in late 1972 (in Lansing or Detroit) would be appreciated. I recently found my birth mother and her family...I was never far away since I grew up in Michigan. I would like to find out if I have extended family on my birth father's side as well.

Thanks.

You need to fill out your profile, maybe someone can help, Good Luck, Semper Fidelis.

Thanks for that...I am new that this stuff!

Funny thing, as I am looking for my birth parents here in Michigan. Part of my adopted family is from Devils Lake, ND and you responded from Bismarck!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie1 View Post
    I am looking for information regarding a Marine who was from the Detroit MI area. He was a Recruiting officer in the Detroit area, maybe also the Lansing office back in the early 1970's.

I was born on 6/30/73 in Lansing MI. My birth mother was a Marine who was at Parris Island. I do not know if my birth father was also at Parris Island.

Any information on how to possibly find out who were the Recruiting officers in late 1972 (in Lansing or Detroit) would be appreciated. I recently found my birth mother and her family...I was never far away since I grew up in Michigan. I would like to find out if I have extended family on my birth father's side as well.

Thanks.

Yes you need to fill out your profile. I'm going to ask a very delicate question. Wasn't your birth mother able to tell you who your birth father was?

If you care not to answer it's OK but the info you're looking for, recruiters in 1975 etc most likely can only be obtained a Marine Corps Hdq.

It only has been a few months since I found my birth mother and her family. A little backward to help answer your question~ My birth mother was only 19 years old when she had me in 1973. She did not have a good home life and unsupportive parents from what I have been told. They had a large family from Lansing MI.

I have been told that when she returned from boot camp in Parris Island she and my birth father only dated for a short while. She says he was older than her and was the recruiting officer in Detroit. She does not remember his name...I don't know if it was a tramautic time for her. She did not speak of him to her family. She got married and had more children...none of them knew of my existance until last year when I found her. She did mention that she thought he had a "funny" last name to her. But after 37 years, one's memory is not what is used to be. She put the whole "incident" behind her, she says, when she left the hospital empty handed.

Thread Information