Life as a tank crewman VS infantry?
Create Post

Life as a tank crewman VS infantry?

I plan on enlisting almost immediately after graduating high school (I'm a junior) and I'm trying to decide which MOS I'd like to pursue once i join. Any info will be helpful. After about four years of that MOS i then hope to request for MARSOC and go through Selection.

So any info on Tanks, Infantry, or MARSOC would be a lot of help. Thank you.

I'm not positive about contracts today, but when I enlisted in 05, I was told a person couldn't be guranteed tanks. You would sign up for combat support and then either be placed in tanks, artillery, laad gunner, and I can't remember what else exactly. Things may be different now though. Talk to a recruiter.

MARSOC is overrated, if you think you're hot sh*t ricky recon material, go buy the Army's BS that they can feed you. Fact is that nothing but infantry can be guaranteed for you. It's a hard life, and not just because it's your job to kill people.

You about a 1 in 5 chance of getting tanks if you choose it.

I didn't see any mention of an armored component in MARSOC. I had to look it up because it did not exist when I was in though I could guess what it meant. I was in the infantry and enjoyed it but not everyone does.

Read the rules for wannabes (pay attention to the one about proper punctuation/capitalization).

You're about to get visited by the black helos.

People have a tendency to want to be "special" right up until faced with what it takes.

Credits
    Savings

Amtracs

I was in amtracs, 1833 MOS and It beats sleepin on the ground every night, your choice ground or nice warm amtrac.

Quote Originally Posted by michagnu View Post
    People have a tendency to want to be "special" right up until faced with what it takes.
    'Aint that the truth.

Thread Information