DEP Discharge Question - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well thanks for all the advice. I never said it was my recruiters fault in fact I know that it was my lack of responsibility that probably lead them to drop my ass from the DEP. Overall, I just wanted to see if I had any options and needed advice. I didnt back out I think I was just put in a situation where I faulted and I screwed myself over.

ALSO I did try to contact them by even going to their office. The times I did go to their office they werent present. I asked around and I heard that most of them are at high schools. I couldnt go back after that because I was working most of the time. BUT anyways thanks for the advice much respect for all of you.

I hope nobody makes the same mistake I did. I initially DEP'd in late April 2011 and requested a discharge sometime in September for a personal hardship with family. I put all crap aside and got my **** together and was fortunately given the opportunity to DEP back in so long as I showed up to the office everyday to PT, and had to join as a reservist. Now, I would have preferred to go active again but that was the stipulation for coming back in and I'm just glad I was allowed to. Reserves or not, my goal is to become a Marine. I am shipping to MCRDPI next month.

Your situation is not uncommon, I have people telling me how my recruiter jerked me around and forced me to go reserves. But really my recruiter went to bat for me and secured me a great MOS, because my reserve options were pretty bad. It's a change in the entire system.

Thread Information