Going to Okinawa - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    If you have any desire to ship a car back from Okinawa when it's time to PCS back, hit me up. I just so happen to specialize in that sorta thing

Will do ;-), I'm guessing your a car guy? Any financial oppurtunities over there as far as mechanical work goes? There are few as good as me with a wrench lol. If your in oki and need work done, I'm the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketCutlass View Post
    Any advice for a 25 year old PFC headed to Okinawa? I'm at FMS school here at Camp Johnson and I graduate in march. From what I hear I'm going to be frustrated with the moron teenagers there, so it probably won't be that much different then Johnson. But, any advice and/or tips would be appreciated. One question I have is about my phone, I have an iPhone 4 with skype, would it be a good idea to take it with me?

Get use to hearing NEW-BY for awhile and stay away from creep street and hand-job Hanna. if you can go to Naha on the south of the Island it wonderful and full of interesting things to see and do.
    I love my time there so make the best of it and what ever you do don't even think about trying too smuggle dope over there. are you'll end up in a Japanese Jail and they aren't very big and fish-heads and rice get old real quick.. and oh by the way

NEW-BY !!!! SHORT TIME $1 DOLLAR
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by RocketCutlass View Post
    Will do ;-), I'm guessing your a car guy? Any financial oppurtunities over there as far as mechanical work goes? There are few as good as me with a wrench lol. If your in oki and need work done, I'm the guy.
    Yup, community CEO if you will for the U.S. Nissan Skyline folks. There's a plethora of money making opportunities out there, just have to locate the right salvage yards and make a good POC at the post offices.

Also, Zeroyon.com is the place where you'll want to get in touch with the rest of the SOFA status folks in Oki that are into the car scene.

I didn't like it when I was there, but now that I look back,(as I have over the years) it was an amazing place. My advice to you:
    *DO NOT STAY IN THE BRIX PLAYING VIDEO GAMES. Go out and enjoy the scenery, the beauty of Oki. Take plenty of pix. Volunteer for the community relations events. Meet Okinawans and make friends. Learn Japanese. Immerse yourself in the culture.
    *DO NOT GET DRUNK AND IN TROUBLE. The bad events are the ones that tend to stick out...we've all heard the news of the rapes, the murder of a cab driver, the two US military members that used counterfeit money...etc. DO NOT BE ONE OF THEM.
    *Most of all, make it memorable. You may at some point start to get tired of it, as most of us did at one point or another. Just remember, one day, you might miss it and so make the best of it while you are there.
    SEMPER FIDELIS DEVIL DOG. Thank you for your service.
    Corporal USMC
    2001-2005 MALS 36 Camp Futenma Okinawa
    MALS 14Cherry Point, NC

P.S. Just say no to Whisper Alley, The Banana Show, and Buy Me Drinkie. Just say no.

You reckon they still give Honk jobs and massages for 2 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by devilcherrygoo View Post
    P.S. Just say no to Whisper Alley, The Banana Show, and Buy Me Drinkie. Just say no.
    buuuust it's sooooo tempting..... lol

Hell, wait till you get to Cobra Gold and go out on libbo in Pattya

Thread Information