Find ANOTHER recruiter? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Glas to hear things are working out. Listen to Top, and let us know how it works out

Quote Originally Posted by PJones64 View Post
    Yeah, we don't want someone motivated in our Corps, I guess.
    Being motivated is one thing. Problem is, motivated applicants are a dime a dozen and right now, there are more of them than the Marine Corps needs or wants.

Showing disrespect toward an active duty recruiter is a different animal all together and in my book, calling him a "kid" is disrespectful especially when you are in fact the kid. Claiming we need to make room for you when you haven't even earned the right to stand in our yellow footprints yet is a little egotistical as well. But, he is young and some lessons just need to be learned the hard way. Maybe, he has learned a few already.

It was a little disrespectful on his part turning me away just for walking into his office, don't you think? I did nothing to disrespect him in any way, he just did not seem to like me, for whatever reason it was. Maybe it was because I took a little too long to sign my name. Well now I am ready. That recruiter wanted me to beat it, the SNCOIC wants me to stay. I just don't get it. Maybe I'm not supposed to. I was not DQ'd for any reason. I have a good number of traffic tickets, perhaps he just did not want to deal with me. I don't blame him. I was just under the impression that a USMC recruiter would do anything to get you to sign up, perhaps that is not the case nowadays. Perhaps this is some sort of "good cop bad cop" mind test they are putting me through. I shall not give up that easy.

No. You might be reading but you aren't comprehending the above. Get this straight....the Marine Corps DOESN'T NEED YOU.

Now, repeat that several times. They really don't. You might THINK they do or WANT them to do, but quite frankly, the Marine Corps doesn't give a flying rip in a rolling donut about what YOU want.

Your 'impression' was incorrect. It is NOT the case, and hasn't been for at least 2 years. Perhaps longer. The Marine Corps has 'met mission' recruiting wise for a long, long time.

Get over yourself. Society has told you you are 'special' and 'unique'. The Marine Corps, IF you get in, will quickly disabuse you of THAT particular notion. The sooner you dump that sorta thing, the better you'll be.

you will soon learn the proper way to grope the giant balls of the marine corps.. Our Drill instructors will teach you to grovel on the deck. Don't think you have rights with us. You are in our battle arena buddy.

Where are you located at? I know we have some Recruiters in the Rockford, IL area and they would be more than happy to work with you and get you enlisted. If it's not too far out of your way and you want to be a Marine, they can help you out.

Hmmm....he checked in 'yesterday at 12:16 AM'. Not sure if he responded to you yet SSgt....

One would hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    Hmmm....he checked in 'yesterday at 12:16 AM'. Not sure if he responded to you yet SSgt....

One would hope so.
    I sent him a PM.

That station is way too far from me. The SNCOIC has not returned any of my phone calls, I am guessing they don't want to see me around that station anymore. I know they don't want me or need me, but this is very discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by PART PILO View Post
    I was just under the impression that a USMC recruiter would do anything to get you to sign up.
    LOL, another misunderstanding generated by the "know-it-alls" of society.

Good luck young man. I hope you make it. If what you say is true that you only have some traffic tickets, then as a recruiter I would probably work with you.

Given the fact that they are brushing you aside leads me to believe that you need some sort of waiver that they can't get right now. If you want, send me a PM listing all your police involvement and I might be able to provide some better insight. If you don't feel comfortable doing that, then that is ok too. Either way, best of luck.

And there you have it. Asked, answered.

Thread Information