Boot B-days - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boot B-days

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    LoL thats awesome! Thats how you know you were born for the Corps.

Our house, our rules. We don't have to have the Poolee Sections, but most of us care enough to help. Don't like the game, play somewhere else. You will not be coddled in boot camp, nor will you be here. We have many Marines on this site, Active and Reserve, from WWII to present. Give these men the respect they deserve, because THEY ARE THE REASON WE DON'T SPEAK A FOREIGN COUNTRIES' LANGUAGE, AND YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT YOU DO. This is the same thing that was said to the group of Poolees that I was in. What we need is another ktriplett, eh drifter?

SF,

Joe

Originally posted by michy
    What about the Marine Corps' birthday? Does anything happen for it?
    I was at MCRD San Diego Nov 10, 1982, 9 days away from graduation. We went to the base auditorium for the ceremony. We were sitting WAY in the back of the balcony, but we were there. No cake for us though, we weren't Marines yet!

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Talking

I have had two birthdays each year since 1973. I would have had a good one in bootcamp but I already had my birthday in July. If you want to get "special" treatment for your birthday just say "Sir, the private has a special request Sir" and the DI will take it from there, trust me. You will be taken care of.

Semper Fidelis

Registered User Free Member leroy8541's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Turned 19 on top of mount muther, got a chocolate nut cake for my b-day. OOO F***IN RAHHH!!!!!!

I had my 19th birthday one week to the day before my graduation.

As far as your situation is concerned, you don't have a birthday. Don't bring up the subject, don't say anything. If the DI's find out from their records and bring it up, well, crud, but don't go out of your way to bring attention to yourself. Attention from DIs is bad.

It doesn't matter when you were born. The only birthday worth remembering is Nov. 10.

Just as a note...what self respecting Poolee would dare refer to a Drill Instructor as a DI, that in its self is disrespectful.

well i am expected a great big package of PT from my DI from what i have been told and am looking forward to it.

Wizard
    Guest Free Member

Cool

OOHHHRAHHH!! RoboRobinson17!!!

I turned 18 on Jan. 1, 1957, two-thirds of the way through PI.
    Nobody knew about it . . . stealth recruit.
    As for the Marine Corps Birthday, in '56 it was work a half-day, then go to chow and eat more than I'd ever consumed in my life. I still have the menu they gave us from that day and I swear I ate everything on it.
    Then, we went to a football game, Marines vs. someone. I don't know who won. Didn't care. They left us alone for two hours.

Registered User Free Member CPLRapoza's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I was in Bootcamp for For the Marine Corps Birthday in 2000. We had just picked up our Drill Instructors the day before. Our Senior stood duty that night while the other Drill Insrtuctors went to the ball. As for what we did, Our Drill Instructors took us to the 1st/2nd Battalion Parade deck on P.I. and we got to see the Past to present uniform parade, it was pretty cool.

Last Marine Corps Birthday I went to was last year. A radio personality, former Marine, Ludlow Porch (stage name) owns the Blue Ribbon Grill. He has a birthday party there. Every year, Marines from 17-80, boot-ass private to General, crowd in there along with a few traumatized civilians, who didn't have a clue what was happening. Color guard--with a Navy Corpsman in it--comes forth, we say the Pledge, then sing The Hymn and a general reads the Commandant's Message before cutting the cake.
    Best thing is the free snacks. No. 1 on everyone's list is a table full of SOS and toast, even though there are wings and other things.
    Can't wait for this year.

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

drool

mmmmm SOS.... my favorite thing to eat down at the VFW.

Now look what you did... I'm hungry!

gunghomofo
    Guest Free Member
    My B-day is a month into boot i think it will be the most memorable and happiest B-day of my life I cant wait...Noone ever gave me P.T. for my B-day

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    My birthday is supposed to be in the middle of "grass week".

BTW, I'm not to sure what JAFNG is, but I sure know what FNG stands for

Thread Information