Fayettville Mayor to show Fonda film...in honor of 'Vietnam Veterans'. No sheet. - Page 5
Create Post
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Mongoose
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HST View Post
    chu hoi whatever, the Kit carson program but it's really irrelavant to this
    e conversation because you were every where and did everything. You were a college student in 66 and you were a bad ass Marine commie killer, You are a true patroit and anyone who doesn't agree with you is ignorant...bottom line is they name streets after guys like you...One Way
    HST, dont you go giving Russ all the credit. There was some more of us bad ass commie killers. Hell, we deserve a little credit too. And the name of that street is not one way. Its the Marine Corps way. Which consists of a large group of patriot warriors, doing what they do best, killing stinking commies.

chu hoi whatever, the Kit carson program but it's really irrelavant to this
    e conversation because you were every where and did everything. You were a college student in 66 and you were a bad ass Marine commie killer, You are a true patroit and anyone who doesn't agree with you is ignorant...bottom line is they name streets after guys like you...One Way
    Like they say, I guess I have won this debate. The chu hoi thing is relevant because you brought it up as a testament to your unharnessed knowledge. Yes, I went to college in 66 and so did many others, and yes I was a Marine, and yes I went to Vietnam as a Marine. I was not bad assed then and since then I have never pretended to be bad assed - I have only claimed to be a Marine.

As far as your "one way" name calling you sir are devoid of facts and when someone calls you on the lack of your facts you start name calling.

I do have one question for you, a simple one, and hopefully you'll be able to keep the facts straight this time.

You were in the USMC pretty much the same period I was. You went to Vietnam.

How the helll did you come out of there with the kind of f___ked up thinking you have today. I'm really curious on that one.

P.S. You want to get a little squirrley talkin about things, well that's ok with me. You start getting to personal name calling and such, that's simply not called for. Act like a Marine.

"Its the Marine Corps way. Which consists of a large group of patriot warriors, doing what they do best, killing stinking commies." I think I'm going to start calling the Marine that wrote this Billy Bad Asss. S/F

Credits
    Savings
    Yep you got it all right there dude, you won, you're a hero and a genius in your own mind. I'm ignorant and F*cked up and all of the other things you said in your previous posts but I got personal, right?

I'm real proud to have a warrior you like you protecting me against the enemies of our Country just like you did whatever is was you did in Vietnam. I'll sleep well tonight Knowing that you're out there on patrol. Have a great day, I'm sure Chesty is proud of you.

Yep you got it all right there dude, you won, you're a hero and a genius. I'm ignorant and F*cked up.

I'm real proud to have a warrior you like you protecting me against the enemies of our Country just like you did in Vietnam. I'll sleep well tonight Knowing that you're out there. Have a great day, I'm sure Chesty is proud of you.
    Case Settled!

Credits
    Savings
    Dave! I don't have any problems at all and I don't think anyone is the enemy, I've got a job that I enjoy, I've been happily married for 40 years, I've got great kids and grandkids, I know who I am and what I did, I'm at peace with myself I don't know why you would think that but then you're a lawyer and everybody does hate lawyers...and for good reason.
    Dealing with lawyers and other crooks is the only downside to my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    HST, you need to seriously figure out wtf is wrong. Seriously.
    You're another one who thinks fellow Marines are your enemy.

Credits
    Savings
    Dave, I like to pull peoples chains now and then just to break up the monotony. I spent a great deal of my time in Nam carrying shot to sh*t Marines out to choppers in shot to sh*t LZ's while every gook on the planet tried to shoot us. I saw a lot of guys buy it but I never left one behind. I know love and respect the Marines but it sure is fun to f*ck with some of them who take things too seriously. I mean its only the internet, life's too short to get high blood preassure over a bunch of words.

Brothers, ya'll got me mixed up with someone else on this " Hanoi Jane " deal. Have recieved many replies ( according to their wordage ) that was meant for another. Don't want any of you to think I condon her actions or that while in the CORPs or after discharge there's been bragging on my part about anything. My memory has been shot for years, xell I can't even remember the guys I served with in RVN. 98% of my military service is blank. Can't recall being promoted 2x and busted 2x. If any of you need it for any reason at all; my E-mail address is: Vietvet1968@comcast.net
    I have noticed there are several other Viet vets on here; please do not get me mixed up with any of them in the future.
    All of you are My BROTHERS whom I'm very proud of and hold in high esteem always. There is no one better than a UNITED STATES MARINE!!!

SEMPER FIDELIS TO ALL,
    Vietvet1968
    Roger Dale Stewart

I personally have nothing but contempt for Jane Fonda. Her actions during the VietNam War and her political views and words gave solace to our enemy. She used her celebrity status to allow her a larger audience then otherwise expected. I hold her directly responsible for giving aid to the enemy and for making the life of Marines like me a little more difficult. I will not forget, not will I forgive and I believe strongly that this is something that should be "off limits" to those who seem to take lightly what she did. If you wanted to "Pull my chain" for your enjoyment and my consternation, consider it done.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Foxtrot View Post
    I personally have nothing but contempt for Jane Fonda. Her actions during the VietNam War and her political views and words gave solace to our enemy. She used her celebrity status to allow her a larger audience then otherwise expected. I hold her directly responsible for giving aid to the enemy and for making the life of Marines like me a little more difficult. I will not forget, not will I forgive and I believe strongly that this is something that should be "off limits" to those who seem to take lightly what she did. If you wanted to "Pull my chain" for your enjoyment and my consternation, consider it done.

I have a problem with Fonda as well. Two people come to mind during WW2. Both used the airwaves/press at that time to give "aid and comfort" to the enemy. One was William Joyce aka Lord Ha Ha an English citizen and the other was Iva Toguri aka Tokyo Rose. Joyce was executed, Toguri served 6 years

How Fonda got into NVN is beyond me. Who was watching the gates at the time? But Fonda IMO gave aid and comfort to our enemy just as Joyce and Toguri. All three knew what they were doing. All three were adults. All three were looking for some sort of reward, if the Axis won Joyce and Toguri saw themselves as hero's in their adopted homeland, Fonda saw her career getting a big bump. All three failed

Jane Fonda should have been brought up on charges of treason but alas it wasn't going to happen. My only comforting thought is that when it comes her time to meet her maker, she has to walk through a corridor of young men who died too young in a far off land, fighting so Fonda could could enjoy the comforts to which she was born.

Ever wonder why all the people who hate this country never seem to leave?

Stepping down now

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave2571 View Post
    You folks are going to have to forgive me---I really have this problem with Marines disrespecting fellow Marines. Not busting chops, not teasing, not busting em, but disrespect. I have a problem with it. A lot of people here do.
    Apparently there is no end to it, though. So we just go day to day and hopefully if enough people point it out, it might change a little.
    Dave

I have problem with that as well but not sure how my opinion would be accepted especially among Nam Marines.

I can't believe a Marine let alone a Nam Marine would some how find a justification for "chain yanking" or "ball busting" especially among his peers.Why do it? What is he getting out of it?

I grew up in a neighborhood where four older boys were both my "brothers" and tormentors. All four went to Nam, all four came home in a body bag. Three were Marines the other Army.

Never had a brother but these four were as close as I came. Can't for the life of me if I had experienced such horrors, such loss and sadness why I would feel the need to "yank the chain" of my brothers. Doesn't add up!!

Enough said from this Squid

Fair winds Marines

Quote Originally Posted by USNAviator View Post
    I have a problem with Fonda as well. Two people come to mind during WW2. Both used the airwaves/press at that time to give "aid and comfort" to the enemy. One was William Joyce aka Lord Ha Ha an English citizen and the other was Iva Toguri aka Tokyo Rose. Joyce was executed, Toguri served 6 years

How Fonda got into NVN is beyond me. Who was watching the gates at the time? But Fonda IMO gave aid and comfort to our enemy just as Joyce and Toguri. All three knew what they were doing. All three were adults. All three were looking for some sort of reward, if the Axis won Joyce and Toguri saw themselves as hero's in their adopted homeland, Fonda saw her career getting a big bump. All three failed

Jane Fonda should have been brought up on charges of treason but alas it wasn't going to happen. My only comforting thought is that when it comes her time to meet her maker, she has to walk through a corridor of young men who died too young in a far off land, fighting so Fonda could could enjoy the comforts to which she was born.

Ever wonder why all the people who hate this country never seem to leave?

Stepping down now

excellent post Sir .

You know Dan, & Dave I have notice allot of the younger men who seem not to respect the older Marines that have past through the Gates of Parris Island & San Diego . I don't clam to know why and I can't even begin to try too know why but it seems to be rubbing off on some of the older Gentlemen here and I use that term very loosely.
    I have notice allot of my friends leaving L.N. and moving on to other web sites. I don't know the politics that goes on on some of the forums and I don't want to know it. I just want too reconnect with anyone I may have served with from my time in the Marine Corps Plain and simple. later Gentlemen and I do use that with respect toward you.
    Semper Fi

My needs and my expectations on this site and a few others that I have visited in the past are not to start trouble or to be the most liked or the most hated. I instead hope that I can find some positive enlightenment about my journey and possibly help my mental state of mind. I have tried to reconnect with people who are like me, wounded in the spirit and the soul, as well as the body, from combat in Viet-Nam. I am no better and no worst then any other veteran from any war or conflict our Marine Corps has fought in and I always try to convey, with respect, what I feel about certain subjects that still haunt me. I have internalized too much for far too long and the last thing I expect or will accept is someone intentionally pulling my chain about a subject that is so important to me. It is easy to disappear, I have done it many times before and I'm close to doing it again. Maybe I do walk the path alone and maybe I will always be alone, but it's not because I want it that way. I refuse to compromise my principles and my convictions about something that I know intimately, how and what the Viet-Nam War did to me. I respectfully submit to everyone here that I find far too much animosity and confrontational posturing between different ranks and eras of Marines to instill any other feeling or draw any other conclusion than that I don't belong here either. And for that, I am extremely saddened and perplexed. Where are my brothers from long ago ?
    Semper Fidelis

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by marine1955 View Post
    excellent post Sir .

Thank you much appreciated. The sad part is, even though she "apologized" she still doesn't get it and never will

Thread Information