Army strength, Poolees and rocks
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Army strength, Poolees and rocks

So here is an interesting (but long) story that goes back to roughly early December. We have been having a kid at out RSS joining us for our weekend PT sessions. Not a Poolee, but nonetheless, a regular. Now for the most part we go to MCAS Miramar for our "fun runs" so to speak, but occasionally we go to the abundant canyons which are always the most intense. Now enter this kid. Wants to be a Poolee, obviously a Marine, but can't pass the ASVAB if his life depended on it. (dude scored a 4) Now he is also a bit of a turd. I say this because he is always making wise a$$ remarks, giving the recruiters attitude, and generally just never stops talking. Unfortunately for him, one of our Staff Sergeants has grown tired of this. So during our last canyon run, the recruiters exacted some revenge. While scaling a seemingly never ending hill, this kid was ****ing and moaning about the whole thing. So on the way back, one of the Sergeants gave him a new friend: a 25 lb. boulder named "Rocky". He told him that if this kid let that boulder touch the deck, everybody would suffer. And thanks to him, we did. Now flash forward to the RSS and we are filling up the govies and headed home. This kid gets his dad involved (on speaker phone I might add) and suddenly the XO is on the phone with the Staff Sergeant. Now this kid felt that the recruiters abused him. (Honestly though, he wasn't getting treated like fecal matter. PT doesn't stand for PlayTime) Flash forward to a week later at our next PT session. While we are mingling in the office, guess who shows up?... and wearing a Army Strong backpack. Yup. The kid. We were speechless. But the recruiters didn't like this. Not. one. bit. So this kid goes on his spill about how the Army treats him with respect and gives him cool stuff and that the Marine Corps doesn't. He says how the recruiters have no right to talk to him the way they did, and that us Poolees should join him and become Army strong. Once he his done speaking, you could hear a pin drop in that room. Then one of the recruiters shows him the door without saying a word. I don't know what is more pathetic. The fact that he thought the recruiters were bullying him, or the fact that he had the balls to start ranting about the Army RIGHT in the RSS. I'm just a Poolee, but we don't need people like him serving the Corps in any way, shape or form. Let's just hope he never passes the ASVAB

Credits
    Savings
    How can you get a 4 on the ASVAB? Even if you choose C for every answer or have Down syndrome a better score is expected.

The recruiter out here has a "Can't Hack it" Wall for all the people that he kicked out of the DEP. So we can see the faces of who we don't want to be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Taviah View Post
    How can you get a 4 on the ASVAB? Even if you choose C for every answer or have Down syndrome a better score is expected.

The recruiter out here has a "Can't Hack it" Wall for all the people that he kicked out of the DEP. So we can see the faces of who we don't want to be like.
    lmao we got the same thing. we call it "Wall of Shame"

What a ****ing loser...He didnt have balls to walk into the office and rant he was just so ****ing retarded he didnt know the hell he was doing. i find he insulting he even thought about joining the Marines...

Quote Originally Posted by lake9 View Post
    lmao we got the same thing. we call it "Wall of Shame"

What a ****ing loser...He didnt have balls to walk into the office and rant he was just so ****ing retarded he didnt know the hell he was doing. i find it insulting he even thought about joining the Marines...
    IT*
    i rushed when typing that. i was rage typing haha, those kind of people make me sick.

Credits
    Savings
    All of the people that don't have what it takes only makes it that much sweeter to be given the opportunity to earn the Eagle Globe and Anchor.

Not everyone has what it takes to become a Marine, there will always be wannabes and posers. He can live his life the Army way, and hopefully we'll all be Marines some day. Not like he would have been an asset (based on this story) I do like how the DEP kind of pre-weeds out all the non-hackers who do not pack the gear etc etc....

Just keep training, improving, getting stronger and studying your knowledge. On that day at graduation, you will know you've made it and why people like him don't cut it %150,

What a worthless SOB.

If you choose C for everyone you get a 4. One kid in my school didn't care when we all took and it he put C for everything and got a 4. Ha, If Army want him, they can have him. I like to be Army strong everyonce and while, but then I get off the couch and do somthing.

Credits
    Savings
    Should have made an ascending and descending stair pattern

you have to TRY to score a 4 on the ASVAB.... lol.

To start, I am not a poolee anymore if the status under my name still says it... thought I took care of it.
    Anyways... this aggrivates and irks the hell out of me... This little turd wants to join and be a Marine and all gung ho and ****... he gives the recruiters attitude? Wtf! A kid came in and DEPd and he gave a recruiter attitude on one of our pool functions and our recruiters all got in his face screaming and yelling, kicked him out even... those recruiters were very level headed... our PT deck looked like a small taste of PI for that few minutes... then afterwards our game of flag football turned into dodgeball so the recruiters could vent since they chose to not knock the kid out. This also irks me because that little **** was given an opportunity that was TAKEN from me and he chose to screw his up. I lost my opportunity when I effed up my shoulder and couldnt pass the IST. I hadnt known I tore a rotator cuff at the time... I lost my place to stay and due to my injuries I had no choice but to leave the DEP and move to st louis.(our recruiting area doesnt do courtesy ships) This ****es me off bc I hate hearing stories where *******s like this pussyfoot about and they half ass when I busted my ass in DEP.... I was at the office everyday of the 5-6 day work week working out with my recruiters at the GYM and running... I was in great shape until I got hurt... it ****es me off bc they are given a great opportunity I would kill to still have. I hate when I see people ***** out, thank God the DEP weeds those dicks out.

Finally, that little **** better not join the Army. Due to events listed above^ I had to get a waiver to rejoin and st louis MEPS didnt sign off on it... so I have to wait two years before being eligible to rejoin. So for now, I am taking another path of opportunity and yes that is the Army... no I wont be staying in I will be returning to the Marines asap. Well the deal is with me joining is I see it as this opportunity... My family is full of Recon, S/Sniper and infantry Marines... many schools all three can go to are Army schools... such as ranger school, airborne, freefall, dive school(navy runs this for all branches). I see it as an opportunity to get many of those out of the way while in and better my self for my future as a Marine. I am following my family's tradition of being hardcore... and I will take everything I can out of the five years of being a "soldier"(gags a little) but to better my future as a good Marine. (contract: combat engineer w/ SF option(looking at picking up SF Engineer Sergeant is why I went CE)

Onward to my point about this... the army doesnt need a turd like him either... wtf is with little ****s like him joining thinking they are hardcore ****? You dont pass the asvab buddy... army aint gna take you either fat boy.

Anways now that my ranting about people not hacking it is over how is everyone been? Most of yall are new since I was last on... all my online buddy's and bestfriends are on the island (sadface Im suppose to be there too)

Oh and for the record, my shoulder is almost fully healed now. It just sucks that the officer signing my waiver didnt approve it and understand my situation... but I see it as a fork in the road and this path still leads to the EGA... and on that road I can learn to become much stronger mentally and physically and handle anything for when I become a Marine.

Seems kindly the opposite with me. The Army recruiters were trying to push me out as fast as possible. 1 day we talked, next day we took the asvab, and the last day with them they had me scheduled to go to MEPS. Mind you I went in there asking where the Marine RS was because I never seen one in the area I was residing in at the time.

Never went back....

SMH I wouldve loved that type of PT session. Those who complain anyway dont have what it takes because if they cant handle the little recruiters bs then they damn sure cant take the DI's high octane yelling when you mess up.

My legs are still sore as hell from the last PT session we had but you know what.....**** feels good especially knowing they see the potential and keep saying "Bro....you're going to be a bad ass marine." I'm older then yall and in certain events its hard keeping up with yall but I do. Usually I start out strong and eventually start lagging but I keep pushing regardless and I'll never complaing BECAUSE THIS WAS MY DECISION!!!!!

Tell him that next time before you slam the door knob on his ass, "It was your decision to come in here and train with us dumb ass nobody forced you. Obviously you cant take the humps with us so go with the Hooahh's and run a lazy lap around the RS buildings punk.....**** outta my face Ma-fail....."

Say that young poolee....your recruiters will praise you and laugh like hell

Honestly, i'm glad they didn't let that kid slime through the DEP. He would be "the one" as my DIs used to say, to get the entire platoon destroyed (though it WILL happen regardless).

Well, if he does pass it let's hope he's just Army strong!

Quote Originally Posted by wilsontc11 View Post
    Honestly, i'm glad they didn't let that kid slime through the DEP. He would be "the one" as my DIs used to say, to get the entire platoon destroyed (though it WILL happen regardless).
    you a Marine now wilson?

Thread Information