Army strength, Poolees and rocks - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Well, sure we tease the Army at times, but it is all in good fun. It's like a sibling rivalry really. And being in San Diego which is a huge military town there is that sense of atmosphere with the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard all calling my fair city home. At the end of the day, when the chips are all in, we all serve under one flag. And all of us wrote a blank check to Uncle Sam to defend that flag at any and all costs. Soldier, Sailor, Marine, Airman or Coastie we all have each others backs.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDogsSon269 View Post
    ****er had better not be in my platoon... I'll tear his PV2 ass up... got my PFC(E-3contract) squared away.

Diego... what was he wanting for his job at the RSS? maybe tell me what hes looking for in the Army... that way I can be ready to show him hell if he does make it.
    Why are you in the Army but on this site? o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd View Post
    Why are you in the Army but on this site? o.0
    From what i read he wanted to be a Marine but didn't cut it.

^^^weird....

he got injured and couldn't get a waiver don't feel too special just yet

Quote Originally Posted by kjohnson8824 View Post
    he got injured and couldn't get a waiver don't feel too special just yet
    i'm teasing relax

Quote Originally Posted by DudefromDiego View Post
    Well, sure we tease the Army at times, but it is all in good fun. It's like a sibling rivalry really. And being in San Diego which is a huge military town there is that sense of atmosphere with the Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard all calling my fair city home. At the end of the day, when the chips are all in, we all serve under one flag. And all of us wrote a blank check to Uncle Sam to defend that flag at any and all costs. Soldier, Sailor, Marine, Airman or Coastie we all have each others backs.
    Good words... and even though Im gonna be a ******* "hooah" I still give my army friends ****.

Quote Originally Posted by lake9 View Post
    From what i read he wanted to be a Marine but didn't cut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lake9 View Post
    i'm teasing relax
    Lmao... thems fighting words!
    Couldnt cut it huh... lets go run a PFT boss! XD

I hate waivers... ******* two years before eligible to get in w/o waiver again... oh well... ill make do with what I got... as long as I get to get that paycheck and do some fighting or just plain my job between now and when I can go earn my EGA... then I will stay content.... just gotta keep focus.

Injuries = FUBAR! stay safe guys... dont end up in my shoes... it sucks, hard.

I hate waivers... ******* two years before eligible to get in w/o waiver again... oh well... ill make do with what I got... as long as I get to get that paycheck and do some fighting or just plain my job between now and when I can go earn my EGA... then I will stay content.... just gotta keep focus.

i bet dude. its one of my biggest fears.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    dickhead

that is my biggest problem right now I'm getting hurt like almost every other day so far it hasn't been anything that'll get me DQ'd but with the way things have been going I'll be lucky if I can walk in a week

Yeah same here, Im more worried about breaking a leg or something and getting dropped than going through the actual training

Quote Originally Posted by RBrouse View Post
    that is my biggest problem right now I'm getting hurt like almost every other day so far it hasn't been anything that'll get me DQ'd but with the way things have been going I'll be lucky if I can walk in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by kjohnson8824 View Post
    Yeah same here, Im more worried about breaking a leg or something and getting dropped than going through the actual training
    Heres some motivating words from my former SNCOIC Recruiter Head... Gunny...

Hes a former Recon. "are you hurt or are you injured?"

Hurt means you can keep going even if you dont want to. Listen to your body... youll know when your injured. Just stay away from doing stupid and overly strenuous things that can cause harm.

I got injured from overworking. Tore a rotator and didnt notice until a week after. Sadly the CO wouldnt sign off a waiver to allow me back in immediately. Which I was then told I am inelligable to reenlist for two years with out that waiver which means I have to wait until then(or enlist via army in the mean time so i can start my life and get paid and get something going, its not the Marines and I know its hard to go from prior service to reenlist esp to another branch but thats why you square away **** and make sure your G2G). Luckily later when I am eligible I will be able to get back in with just the surgery waiver and not the reenlistment waiver that screwed me.

Just be careful and stay strong. If your hurt your hurt... suck it up and move on... if its something more dont hold it in it just gets you into trouble.

You all have a long trek ahead... take it easy while you can. That doesnt mean be a couch potato but dont over do it... working out can also have reverse affects just like mine.(and no, I wasnt using weights. It was pull up pyramids. over worked the muscle til it was weak then the next day tore it during PT is the only thing we could think of considering injury age and the way it got torn was via stressing and not immediate.)

Never said I'm worried about being hurt, I said I don't want some serious injury that would screw me over. I would be pretty bs

Thread Information