Relationship
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relationship

Credits
    Savings

Relationship

Here is how it is. I've had an attraction for this friend but kept it to myself as she was with somebody else. Her entire family are close friends with my parents, she is a little older than I am and I actually graduated High school with her little brother who happens to have earned his Eagle Globe and Anchor before me.

Recently her mother died and she decided she wasn't happy with that guy (he happens to be sort of my friend too). She admitted an attraction towards me after that. The problem is that I intend to spend the next 4 years as Infantry and she plans on moving and going on her little journey to find life experience, like my intention of getting experience, and we don't think it fair to start dating. We have kind of agreed to keep in contact as best we can and when we are both really on our feet with life experience after my time serving see if things are meant to be.

She does have a son which doesn't bother me as I agree that if I want a girl I want whatever comes with her and can help her raise a child as my own even if he isn't technically. I am not all that concerned with staying open so that I can use being a Marine to pick up chicks, as it isn't very appealing to me. Although She doesn't want me to feel strapped down from doing that. On a scale of 1-10 what kind of chances do you Marines find in anything working out? 4 Years is a long time to wait.

josephd
    Guest Free Member

I don't know this girl and although you didn't give many details on here I can tell you right now she is nothing but problems. She has a kid, mom died, and isn't happy with her BF/life. She needs to worry about herself and her kid. Same should go for you, worry about yourself and your soon to be career as a Marine.

Don't worry just earn our title, Jody will take care of her, Semper Fidelis.

Credits
    Savings
    She is the kind of girl that is one of the guys, she is always calm and relaxed, she is really the most chill and balanced girl I've ever met. She is from an Ex-Polygamist family. She is done with her boyfriend because he has given up on him self and has no ambition to go anywhere besides his brothers run down condemned trailer. He stays at home and plays video games instead of working and neglects her and his child.

I will stay focused and let nothing get in my way of earning my place as a Marine.

Go out there and earn the Honor of becoming one of the finest Bro.Life is short and if she's the one you both will cross paths at some point.There are plenty of girls out there but only one opportunity to become a Marine.

Life in the infantry is tough on family and relationships - period.

Many folks struggle with it, and many marriages / relationships end... some survive. Even during "peacetime" relationships are stressed and deployment cycles are high. Add combat deployments to that and it only gets tougher.

My advice - the Marines with the posts above are spot on. Focus first on becoming a Marine. Then, you need to put the bulk of your energies and time into becoming a competent infantryman. To be a good infantryman requires dedication - physical fitness, study, attitude, concentration.... it's all there.

As far as maintaining a relationship during that time - keep it in perspective. Nothing at this point will be as important as becoming the best infantryman you can. The stakes for yourself and the Marines around you are too high to be distracted.

Stay friends with her, write to her, call her, facebook, whatever if you really care. Maybe she'll still be available after you're out go for it. Or even start to get serious towards your last year in. You'll kill the relationship as infantry though, you'll be ****ed off/drunk all of the time.

At this ime in you life you do not need to be strapped down with a girl friend.

Guest Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    All Great Advice.
    Stay focused with your task at hand.

Good Luck to you.

there are a million ladies with a million stories,,,,, just like fishing,,,, catch them look at them for a minute and throw them back,,,,,,,,,0---take a picture or two for your memories....

Dere Abbie.....

Dude, just worry about Recruit Training. That will keep you busy enough.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    When you join the Corps, you're gonna drop her like yesterday's news anyway.

We should do a "Dere Marine84" thread!

You could be our 'Miss lonely hearts"!!!

By the power of MOD...make it so!

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you Marines, for your advise, and jokes.

GREAT attitude. Glad you took this in the spirit in which it was intended.

Thread Information