Making Weight Question
Create Post

Making Weight Question

Ok, I need a little bit of advice, and feel free to be specific. I'm scheduled to ship 20110118, and my pre-ship should be on either the previous Friday (a week from now), or it will be the day before on Monday. Either way, that gives me about a week to fix my problem.

My ship weight is 202, and I currently am sitting at around 205-206. Now, I'm definitely going to do everything in my power to make my ship weight, but I could use some tips on how to do so. Preferably, I'd like tips that won't leave me weak or unfit to begin recruit training. I'm also told that they are not taking waivers right now for people who don't make weight (I'm not sure why, my recruiter is trying to figure that out right now), so from what I understand, it's pretty much make weight or I'm screwed.

One other question....I have heard and read about a sort of override for missing weight based on BMI. I'm not really fat and am more just muscular from years of lifting weights, so I have a strong feeling that if such an override exists, that I would be within it's criteria.

A preemptive thanks for any/all advice from the infinite wisdom you all possess

Run, Run, Run!

During Cross Country I lift 5-6 days a week, and run between 20-30 miles each week. My Body Fat during that stretch of the years is usually around 6%. The lowest it got was 5.5%.

So My Advice, Run, Run, Run, Run, Run. Best thing for you. Drink water and no junk food.

If your wondering how I got those body fat %. We tested every once and a while in my weight training class.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Eat foods light in fat / heavy in nutrition and do lots of crunches. Abdominal fat is one of the easiest fats to gain/lose, so if you're aiming at just a few lbs without building a lot of muscle to weigh you down go for that.

Fruit, carrots, other vegetables, turkey, tuna in water, or other lean foods. Also, try eating mushrooms (canned or not canned) whenever you get that kinda hungry feeling. No fat, plenty of protein. That should keep you running until they start feeding you down there.

Thread Information