Get Some Poolees!!
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lake0300
    Guest Free Member

Get Some Poolees!!

Fairly decent responses from the Poolees with my last challenge. Suprisingly I even had some old-timers get into it. Very motivating. Lets turn things up a notch, shall we ladies?

CHALLENGE 1
    Physical

Every morning for a week straight do:
    - 50 pushups
    - 75 side-straddle hops
    - 100 crunches

CHALLENGE 2
    Marine Corps History

Where do the Officer and Noncommisioned Officer swords originate from?

CHALLENGE 3
    Marine Corps Customs and Courtesies

When a flag approaches from a color guard, how many paces before they reach your position do you begin to salute? How long do you hold your salute?

CHALLENGE 4
    Leadership

What are the three leadership STYLES?

CHALLENGE 5
    Miscellaneous

In regards to the M16a2:
    What does the front sight adjustment correct for?
    What does the rear sight adjustment correct for?

Something here that you can't accomplish? Join the Navy.

A storm is brewing:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	93440915heqdan_ph.jpg‎
Views:	264
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	2611  

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Add a 1 mile run to the physical. And increase the pushups and side-straddle hops to an even 100 - MOTIVATE POOLEES!!

Also thanks to Echo_Four_Bravo for the help on questions.

How bout 3 miles? Gotta get to work somehow

Answer to Challenge 2:
    The Marine Sword came about in 1805 when Lt.Presley O'Banion was instructed to stop Moslem harrasment of Christians in Tripoli. Needless to say, O'Banion won the battle there, and the Government figure who replaced the former Government head presented O'Banion with his personal sword, which was the type Mamaluke Tribesmen carried. This sword began the tradition of the Marine Saber.

Answer to Challenge 4:
    I believe they're 'Telling Style' 'Participating Style' and 'Delegating Style' I'm not sure however.

I'll answer the others later, for now my break from Work is over, so I gotta get going.

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    #4 is incorrect.

Hint?

Au.....
    Per.....
    Comb....

Talking MILITARY CHALLENGE! ! ! !

Here is a good one for you pool-ees, somthing that you all should know.
    When do you salute with your left hand?

Red Dragon aka HL

Marine Spouse Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Wink

Red Dragon--- when you're Bob Dole? You can use your left hand when you are physically unable to salute with your right.

CrazyBrave- The Lieutenant's name is spelled O'Bannon and the sword was presented to him by Prince Hamet. I'm not saying you were wrong- just wanted to make sure you had the spelling right.

OK, we have the origination of the Officer's sword, what about the NCO sword?

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The sword that Officers carry goes back to the Inform Regulations of 1826. Records of the day, however, indicate that swords of this pattern were worn by Marine Officers before the war of 1812.
    The Mameluke Sword of the Officers gets its name from the cross-hilt and ivory grip, both of which were used for centuries by the Moslems of North Africa and Arabia. The Marine Corps tradition of carrying this type of sword dates from Lieutenant O'Bannon's assault on Derna, Tripoli, in 1805 when he is said to have won the sword of the Governor of the town.
    The Noncommissioned Officers' sword is the U.S. Army model sword which was adopted by the Marine Corps in 1859 and briefly carried by Marine Officers as well. When Officers went back to the Mameluke pattern in 1875, the Army-type sword was retained as a distinctive model for the Corps of Noncommissioned Officers and has been carried by Marine NCOs ever since

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    Goodjob, most of you have answered Challenge 2. However I'm afraid maybe you forgot theres in fact *5* challenges. Any Poolees know the answers to the other 3? And has anyone even ATTEMPTED Challenge 1? -Lake

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    You salute when the flag is 3 paces away, you hold the salute until it passes.

The M16A2 rifle has two adjustable sights -- front and rear. Elevation adjustments are made using the front sight, and elevation changes and windage adjustments are made using the rear sight.
    3 styles of leadership:
    Autocratic (Authoritarian)
    Democratic (Persuasion)
    Combination of both

and i've been doing challenge one

Lake0300
    Guest Free Member
    THANK YOU. Now thats MOTIVATION ladies... GET SOME!!

I am impressed. I think we are building a new breed of Board Marines on this site. I expect to see you all getting promoted ahead of schedule if you manage to make it in the Corps!

Wizard
    Guest Free Member
    Glad to see that all of us our pulling our weight, and dont worry Lake0300, us LADIES are motivated, and we have plenty.
    Who here is counting the days untill they leave for PI or San Diego? What do you think you'll find when you get there? What rank do you hope to make in your career?? Good Luck!!
    What do the colors stand for on the Marine's Dress Blues??

Registered User Free Member Poolee08/09's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Im counting down! 10 months! but i may make it a little sooner like mid-july tomarrow. What i expect when i get there is the worst yet the best hell i will ever encounter. My goal is to make Gunny, but i will settle for Staff Sergant

Thread Information