Underarmor
Create Post

Thread: Underarmor

Underarmor

Fresh boot here, checking on Cold weather gear before MCT. Not looking to be a Gear Queer, The only thing I am curious about is whether or not Underarmor has actually been authorized. I believe so, because we were issued two tactical shirts that are similar material. I just want to be certain before I purchase the items.... OH, if anyone has any other advice as to what I should take to MCT of the sort lemme know.

Thanks in advance.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Those ones you got issued at boot (if they are the same ones I got) are not authorized. But I believe the actual Under Armour brand ones are authorized.

Never did make sense to me why they would issue you something that is not authorized to wear, but the rumor is that those ones melt when exposed to fire and other extremely hot objects (expelled casings).

Don't take anything to MCT besides what you had issued at boot camp and possibly a few personal items. Invest in some nice boot socks, extra skivvy shirts, and those nylon lined PT shorts.

Any type of gear you need will be issued to you, anything else you bring you really won't be authorized to wear because not everyone in your platoon/company will have it.

Cool. I was simply curious. We were all told by our Drill Instructors that it would be wise to purchase some cold weather gear seeing as we would be there during the cold. However, I do see the issue with not everyone having it. It is interesting that they would issue us something we could not wear. Thanks for the info.

Never did make sense to me why they would issue you something that is not authorized to wear, but the rumor is that those ones melt when exposed to fire and other extremely hot objects (expelled casings)
    That is pretty silly, and yes they do melt. I've ignited a few of various name brands while working close to the forge, but they don't actually stick to your hide like umm, saran wrap. Some will momentarily flash if they have fuzzies, then burn hot and steady, melting and dripping like a plastic water bottle, not difficult to extinguish if you get after it. Then you gotta cut the sleeves off or junk em because they get a hard crusty edge that is NOT comfortable. But they don't combust and surround your torso in wildfire

To get cold weather trained come to N.D. and GET SOME,lol, Semper Fidelis.

You will be issued Polypros and a fleece sweater. Never wear the bottoms though I learned that the hard way

Yeah we were issued polypro in boot... Never wore them though. What is up with the bottoms?... Did you become a heatcase?

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    That is pretty silly, and yes they do melt. I've ignited a few of various name brands while working close to the forge, but they don't actually stick to your hide like umm, saran wrap. Some will momentarily flash if they have fuzzies, then burn hot and steady, melting and dripping like a plastic water bottle, not difficult to extinguish if you get after it. Then you gotta cut the sleeves off or junk em because they get a hard crusty edge that is NOT comfortable. But they don't combust and surround your torso in wildfire
    You know I got to say this, horse shoe goes in the forge hind parts don't and how long you been doing that work?

Interesting. I swear by my polys, wear the bottoms all the time.

Dunno myself... The drill instructors kept telling us we would be heatcases if we wore them... made a few of us take em off as a matter of fact... /shrug!

Quote Originally Posted by Cellinheim View Post
    Yeah we were issued polypro in boot... Never wore them though. What is up with the bottoms?... Did you become a heatcase?
    Negative It was 10 degrees outside but it does get really warm wearing the bottoms while moving around

Thread Information