?'s about female marines - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hahahahahaha.

Trust me, there are so many opportunities open to WM's than there were during my time. I chose 4011, Data Processing, and it was on the job training. In October of the following year, I was sent to IBM school. I joined in Sept. 1959, what an adventure it was for me when I was sent to Parris Island. I was Honorably Discharged in 1962.
    I had a female recruiter, I still have the letter she sent me while I was in Boot camp. Being a Marine makes me really proud, how I love the Marines.

Well said, ma'am!!! Semper Fi.

i would just like to know what base are the good looking female marines located at. It seems i would have better luck finding a needle in a hay stack any advice?

Yeah...until you get a profile completed...your posts will be deleted!

Site rules, even for Marines.

I breezed through this topic and I hope to heaven that this girl did NOT GET MARRIED.

Well, just to answer the immediate question; you can go into any MOS except those in the 03XX, 08XX and 18XX fields. Those are all infantry, field artillery, and tanks/AAVs. However, don't let anybody tell you that your only option is admin or supply, nor do you ever have to ship on an open contract. Just know that certain fields you get into, you may be the only female around. I'm a 1371, Combat engineer, and a lot of Marines don't even realize that particular MOS is even open to females because of the nature of some of the things that we do.

As for marriage... I'd advise against doing it before joining or even while you're a junior enlisted. I've seen a few marriages go sour already, and these Marines haven't even deployed yet. We had one motivated PFC get married over boot leave back in January; by the time we finished with MCT her hubby had already been unfaithful and she's now trying to settle a divorce. That's all in a period of 4 months, so take it as you will.

Good advice! Thanks PFC~!

Thread Information