Saluting - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Saluting

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    [quote=dcb188;730778]I can't hit the Edit button because it isn't there after five minutes, quote]

Dave, there are problems with the edit function. I timed it out at less than a minute. This changed when the site was updated a few weeks ago.

gentlemen back in 1969 we where not authorized to wear a beanie if you wore anything other than your issued uniforms you where out of uniform during my time in the Marine Corps, this is why i asked to see a pic of a beanie other wise a (stocking Hat) this type of hat was not issued to us so it was not allowed.

Tom,
    I agree. I was never issues one so it didn't affect us. Hot or cold, we wore the cover that went with that specific uniform. The only stocking hat I ever saw was worn by the Navy.

Yeah, along with their pee coats.

I had heard one time that there where some Marines wearing a red beret but i had never seen any Marines with one on. if i remember right someone said it was shore party Marines before they where allowed to have the red patches on there uniforms..

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    .....GOOD GRIEF, GONZO!!!!!......
    I remember that when I returned stateside, in 1970.....I had a really BAD attitude. I refused to salute, refused to cut my hair, and treated ALL officers like SH*T!!........GUESS what happened? "Captain's Mast!"
    Stood in front of a Navy Commander, and his "underlings" and was questioned as to WHY I refused to honor the uniform of a Naval officer with a salute, and why I disobeyed a DIRECT ORDER to cut my hair.
    WELL.....what do you NUMBNUTS think I told that Commander?? I asked him, "what are you gonna' do, send me back to Viet Nam??"
    Within a week, I was TOTALLY Discharged, as an Hm3.....NOT an Hm2!......with a WHOPPING 10% disability rating!
    What SAY you??......

Doc,
    You have to love those 10% ratings. Enough so they can get rid of you and not enough to rate anything.

I never understood how so many with clusters, birds, and stars could pass EVERY physical they went through and then when they retired got a 80 - 100% disability rating. Damn.... RHIP!

Hmmmmm.... a Doc with an attitude? LOL...say it isn't so!

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    .....GOOD GRIEF, GONZO!!!!!......
    Stood in front of a Navy Commander, and his "underlings" and was questioned as to WHY I refused to honor the uniform of a Naval officer with a salute, and why I disobeyed a DIRECT ORDER to cut my hair.
    What SAY you??......
    Doc

You have to watch out for those Commanders, they can see Stars and smell them as well.

Fair winds

Thread Information