Marine Ball Etiquette: Are Piercings OK @ the Marine Ball?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Marine Ball Etiquette: Are Piercings OK @ the Marine Ball?

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I just joined to ask this question so I hope I'm not imposing too much.

I just got asked to the marine ball, but I am afraid that maybe I won't be allowed entry into the event... I have a vertical labret piercing and bright red highlights in my hair (see pics for an idea of what I mean). And I was wondering just how strict the marine corps is with allowing entry for those kind of things...

Vertical Labret
    Highlights

My hair is sort of like that, but with a lot more red than hers. I was wondering whether it would pose any type of problem at all, or if I should just spray temporary black-on hairspray for the evening, just in case.

Also if there's any other etiquette or dress code to follow, please let me know. Thanks.

I would definitely ditch the piercing for that night at the ball facility. And since your hair is bright red, I would dye it to a more natural color. Dress code wise, it is like dressing up for prom. A traditional prom dress or clothing that you wear to your high school prom would do. If you're a female don't not wear anything too revealing or Marines would 'eye-hump' you and you may get some unwanted attention. It is just like any formal event so act accordingly.

There's still Marine Balls going on this late in the game? That was so last month.

On a side note, as suggested, I would try and go as natural as possible otherwise you risk drawing unwanted attention to both you and your Marine.

If you're a civilian guest you can have whatever piercings you want. You're not subject to any of our rules.

It's a semi-formal to formal event. Some chicks wear standard evening dresses while a few will go all out and wear a gown. But unless the individual put in charge of organizing it is a complete and utter douchebag of epic proportions, no one's going to say a word to you about a lip piercing or your hair color. Even if he does, someone that outranks him will tell him to shove it up his ass and leave the guests alone.

Quote Originally Posted by IronKnee View Post
    But unless the individual put in charge of organizing it is a complete and utter douchebag of epic proportions"........someone that outranks him will tell him to shove it up his ass....
    WTF?! What Marine or civilian who fits this description is likely to be taking the time to coordinate a Marine Corps Ball event??

Fatty: man up and let people know who you are when you create a new moniker instead of popping up every other week with a new handle like a ****ing spoiled brat!

If the site owner or admins ain't cool with it, then suck it up and vanish!

Young lady, the best advice I could give you is contained in post #2. Disregard the thoughts of IronKnee. He's obviously a malcontent who's not fit to offer you any legitimate advice.

With all respect, Ironknee made some good points. The last ball I attended, some guests had lip and nose piercings as well as dyed hair. Some wives and girlfriends might not fully understand the Marine Corps policy on such things. Especially if its the first time they go to a ball. At the same time they don't fall under those Marine regulations. I understand some may not agree with people attending a ball looking like that but no one made any openly negative comments about them. If all else fails, have the Marine that asked you to the ball ask this question to someone in his chain of command.

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    Look at the way IronKnee talks to people. What an azzhole. People ask a question, he is always right there with the answers. Did you notice that? And slingerdun is right on the money as always.
    IronKnee is utterly unable to talk normally to people.

PJones64
    Guest Free Member
    IronKnee may make good points, occasionally, but the way he talks to people leaves something to be desired, namely human decency, something sorely lacking in today's society. So called "civilization" is anything but civilized.

I didn't see many with piercings but the hair wasn't really an issue. As long as you present your self in a respectable manner the majority of everyone shouldn't have an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SlingerDun View Post
    WTF?! What Marine or civilian who fits this description is likely to be taking the time to coordinate a Marine Corps Ball event??
    A Marine ordered to do so? Plenty of balls have been coordinated by douchebags that didn't want to do it.

Fatty: man up and let people know who you are when you create a new moniker instead of popping up every other week with a new handle like a ****ing spoiled brat!

If the site owner or admins ain't cool with it, then suck it up and vanish!
    I've never hid who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by yanacek View Post
    Young lady, the best advice I could give you is contained in post #2. Disregard the thoughts of IronKnee. He's obviously a malcontent who's not fit to offer you any legitimate advice.
    Oh please. Malcontent because I offer her honest advice? She's not subject to our regs. Most of the Marines at the ball will think it's cool to see someone with lip piercings and to many she'll be even more attractive because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by PJones64 View Post
    Look at the way IronKnee talks to people. What an azzhole. People ask a question, he is always right there with the answers. Did you notice that? And slingerdun is right on the money as always.
    IronKnee is utterly unable to talk normally to people.
    lol whatever dude

This is a forum for people to ask questions, of course I'm going to answer. That's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by PJones64 View Post
    IronKnee may make good points, occasionally, but the way he talks to people leaves something to be desired, namely human decency, something sorely lacking in today's society. So called "civilization" is anything but civilized.
    It's the internet. Relax.

Bottom line: she doesn't have to obey our regulations. It's a semi-formal to formal event and plenty of people with lip piercings attend many events a lot more formal than our birthday balls. If she doesn't want to wear them, fine, but no one should make her feel like she can't wear them because that's simply not the case. A little honesty in discourse here, motivators.

Credits
    Savings
    At Balls, especially, the way a spouse looks and behaves is of great importance.

The character of the Marine is questioned, were he to bring a Lady of questionable character along.

It can and will reflect negatively on his pros/cons.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    At Balls, especially, the way a spouse looks and behaves is of great importance.

The character of the Marine is questioned, were he to bring a Lady of questionable character along.

It can and will reflect negatively on his pros/cons.
    hahahahahahaha no

not even close. don't feed this girl this bull****. staff ncos and officers have brought strippers to balls so don't try to act like this is some high holy event where everyone is prim and proper. Marines and guests tend to get drunk out of their minds and do **** in front of each they'd never do in any other situation

No one is going to question her boyfriend's character if his date has a lip piercing or red highlights. Anyone that would alter pro/cons based on a personal relationship - let alone a single date to a ball - needs to lose stripea. That's such a pussy move.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by IronKnee View Post
    hahahahahahaha no

not even close. don't feed this girl this bull****. staff ncos and officers have brought strippers to balls so don't try to act like this is some high holy event where everyone is prim and proper. Marines and guests tend to get drunk out of their minds and do **** in front of each they'd never do in any other situation

No one is going to question her boyfriend's character if his date has a lip piercing or red highlights. Anyone that would alter pro/cons based on a personal relationship - let alone a single date to a ball - needs to lose stripea. That's such a pussy move.
    Your naivety is showing, War Hero.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    How in the world did IronKnee ever make it in the Corps? We must be hard up these days.

Thread Information