1371, question about contract
Create Post
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

1371, question about contract

Hey marines/poolies, this is my first post here so excuse me if im in the wrong place. I want MOS 1371, my contract says 1100/1300, should it say 1371?? Or do i have to work twords that mos?

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    No it shouldn't say 1371, you get contracted to a MOS/occupation field. All you can do is hope there is open slots in 1371 and a monitor hooks you up

Those are 2 fields 1100 is Utilities fields and 1300 as you know is Engineer. You could end up in any of those MOS's

Either one is cool. utilities does it all. you can be a frekin contractor after you get out. engineers look for ieds and bombs. cool job

Quote Originally Posted by smatty0311 View Post
    Either one is cool. utilities does it all. you can be a frekin contractor after you get out. engineers look for ieds and bombs. cool job
    HAHA contractor after you get out thats funny. UT field won't get you anything but a little expirience with generators and electricity, it definately won't get you a contractor job after 4 years in the USMC inventorying wiring harness and PMCS on generators. I know this because I am an 1141 Electrician. Also Engineers do alot more than just look for IED and Bombs, and I know this because I'm in a Combat Engineer Battalion. The 1300 field ranges from the operation or repair of Heavy Equiptment such as Dozers to welding and bulk fuel, and to carpentry and demolitions they don't just look for bombs and IED. The Utilities 1100 field ranges from electrician work to water purifaction and A/C and Generator mechanics

Credits
    Savings
    I signed up for the 1100/1300 field hoping to get Combat Engineer and I got it. Luck I guess. You cant get it in contract unless youre a reservist I think. Just graduated MOS headed to my unit nervous as ****! Good luck.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I signed active, so hopefully my luck will be as good as yours, thank you guys for your input

Thread Information