Problem shipping out/Advice? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL! I got to watch my mouth just because I'm in the Poolee area because I'm so retarded I folded at Meps the day before I was to leave for the Island. Had to stay at Meps one more night and, not only did I get my waiver, the Marine Corps gave me a Clearance AND they let me play with bombs for 4 years. I don't know which one of us was more retarded - me or them.

My point being..............yeah, it was a pretty stupid move, I mean it was 6 years ago for goodness sake. I really don't think you'll pop positive. Make your Recruiter earn his pay and get off his a$$ and get you in. Get personal references (from anybody but family) in black and white and throw them in the mix. The more you show him that you want it, the more he'll bend over backwards to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianBeef View Post
    Yeah, no. The moment of truth crap only works on guys dumb enough to think that they can whiz quiz for being in the same room as a joint being smoked six months ago or that there's a magic database of all medical files in the country that the military can access whenever they want.

Moment of truth is more to find out who the true retards are. Anyone that believes that stuff is too gullible to be handed a rifle.
    Ah, yea I think our man here would have spilled his guts within 5 min! The point is he should have told his recruiter when he was first asked and not waited until the freakin night before he was to ship. This is just my opinion but i think there is a little more to this story than we know. Also better be up front now than to wait till the time comes for when he may need to get a higher than secret clearance when all kind of skeletons can come out of the closet, and based on the fact that he "didn't know" how to classify what type of drug cocaine was i would say this wasn't a one time use.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    According to you the Island Knows all Sees all, Hears all,,,,,Bull****,,, Me a genius????? I defeer to you.
    From this guy, yes my friend they would have seen right through him, as soon as they would have pressed a little, they would have heard everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MWDHandler View Post
    based on the fact that he "didn't know" how to classify what type of drug cocaine was i would say this wasn't a one time use.
    Everyone's telling me i should have kept it to myself since it was only one time. I truly didn't recall that one time since it was back in 04 and I never looked into the drug policy because I never felt it was a big issue that related to me. I've heard stories of people with multiple usage of drugs and even possesion that have gotten waived. I know the Marines are sitting good on recruit #'s so my chances are considerably lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    My point being..............yeah, it was a pretty stupid move, I mean it was 6 years ago for goodness sake. I really don't think you'll pop positive. Make your Recruiter earn his pay and get off his a$$ and get you in. Get personal references (from anybody but family) in black and white and throw them in the mix. The more you show him that you want it, the more he'll bend over backwards to help you out.
    I've been maintaining contact with my recruiter and Gunny in charge of the office. The Gunny has really been working on it, and stated he's waiting on a call back from the district to see if they can send me somewhere else. It seems at this point the biggest issue is finding me a new ship date since there's a lot of recruits and ship dates are slim.

Quote Originally Posted by MWDHandler View Post
    This is just my opinion but i think there is a little more to this story than we know.
    Totally agree. No one ever forgets the only time they tried cocaine.

I just realized i made a big mistake to what i stated in reference to coke. I remembered what i tried being called "columbian gold" which i thought was coke because that's what columbia is known for. I only took one hit from this and per the name of "columbian gold" i assumed it was essentially a type of coke since i've heard crack cocaine is smoked. I've researched this and it turns out columbian gold is nothing more than marihuana with gold hairs. This shows how naive i am in reference to drugs. I need to let my recruiter know about this and hopefully i can get it cleared out.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    I may be naive also and a few brain cells deleted from my brain housing group over the years from hard partying and living and sometimes rode hard and being put up wet....

But I think I would know and remember whether or not I smoked pot or a derivative of pot.... Columbian gold with golden fine hairs.....

Or snorted coke through a straw or dollar bill

All this being considered since you only did it one time....

Maybe it was Ecstasy laced hash....

Coming clean is one thing....sticking your foot collectively up your nose or mouth is a horse of a different color....

I would think that I would get my drug history in better order before I went to the recruiter and explained my story.....a second time.

Shoulda just stuck with the pot story.....your definitly complicating things at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by TX1321 View Post
    I just realized i made a big mistake to what i stated in reference to coke. I remembered what i tried being called "columbian gold" which i thought was coke because that's what columbia is known for. I only took one hit from this and per the name of "columbian gold" i assumed it was essentially a type of coke since i've heard crack cocaine is smoked. I've researched this and it turns out columbian gold is nothing more than marihuana with gold hairs. This shows how naive i am in reference to drugs. I need to let my recruiter know about this and hopefully i can get it cleared out.
    You have got to be kidding me. You thought because a strand of weed is called colombian gold that it was cocaine? Maybe you are the type of person that would believe the bull**** they feed at the moment of truth. You told your recruiter that you've done cocaine even though it was just pot? What the flying frak, dude. I get the feeling there's something you're not telling us in this story.

I just realized i made a big mistake to what i stated in reference to coke. I remembered what i tried being called "columbian gold" which i thought was coke because that's what columbia is known for.
    Damn son, bit of advice, when you go to the coffee shop, get the "French Roast" not the "Columbian" -- even if it's decaf.

Do you have a guaranteed MOS?

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianBeef View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. You thought because a strand of weed is called colombian gold that it was cocaine? Maybe you are the type of person that would believe the bull**** they feed at the moment of truth. You told your recruiter that you've done cocaine even though it was just pot? What the flying frak, dude. I get the feeling there's something you're not telling us in this story.
    Honestly i came clean about it the day I went to MEPS to the liason, so i never did have a chance to discuss this w/my recruiter before i went down to MEPS. I told the liason i believe it tried coke one time and all he said was go talk to the doctor and tell him to put it in writting. When i went back w/him and told him I wasn't sure that's what it was all he said is to write my story down w/a waiver that would be submitted by my recruiter. My recruiter didn't have me write a statement tho, so i guess he just sent the waiver as one time coke use. I know i screwed myself pretty bad over this.

Quote Originally Posted by 03Mike View Post
    Do you have a guaranteed MOS?

I had a MOS assigned under aviation operations, but from what the recruiter states if it stays on my record as a hard drug being used. I would have to re-submit for a new MOS that wouldn't require a clearance. Therefore my MOS availability is much slimmer now. Last i spoke w/my gunny he was waiting on a call back from the district to send me somewhere else. So hopefully the positive's on my packet; high asvab, referring people, college credits and no previous police involvement will outweight what happened..

Honestly i came clean about it the day I went to MEPS to the liason, so i never did have a chance to discuss this w/my recruiter before i went down to MEPS. I told the liason i believe it tried coke one time and all he said was go talk to the doctor and tell him to put it in writting. When i went back w/him and told him I wasn't sure that's what it was all he said is to write my story down w/a waiver that would be submitted by my recruiter. My recruiter didn't have me write a statement tho, so i guess he just sent the waiver as one time coke use. I know i screwed myself pretty bad over this.
    Didn't your recruiter go over this with you? To not say anything that isn't included in the package he sent up?

I had a MOS assigned under aviation operations
    oh good god, if you confused a ganj strain for cocaine, the people at meridian are going to have SO much fun with you

I'm glad I got back on the site, so I can read retarded sh^t stories like this... Sand in the cl^t syndrome is tough to get past nowadays... "Remembering" you did coke one time 6 years ago, the day you ship, on deck, disclosing it to a MEPS Liasion, means to the CO you are a MCRD Discharge waiting to happen. You filled out a Drug Abuse Screening Form, that asked what drugs you did, how many times you did them, and the first and last time you did them when you enlisted in the DEP. So you knew what you were doing, no doubt about that. You had plenty of opportunity to disclose this to your Recruiter and the Gunny. The Gunny did at least one preship interview, at which time he should have done a little sample MOT brief and gave you the one last time speech, to disclose anything you hadn't disclosed as of yet. Good luck with your waiver, but I gotta tell ya, you might want to start looking elsewhere... S/F

Thread Information