Becoming a Marine Corps Pilot
Closed Thread
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Post Becoming a Marine Corps Pilot

Hey guys, I was wondering if there were any USMC Pilots out there that could tell me what it took to become one. I've always loved aviation and would do anything to fly for the Marine Corps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Jake

1. You must fill out your profile (or no one will answer your questions).
    2. You must be a college graduate and complete OCS.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Mike View Post
    1. You must fill out your profile (or no one will answer your questions).
    2. You must be a college graduate and complete OCS.
    OK, I filled out my profile. I know what it physically takes to become a Marine Pilot. I need a Bachelor's degree, after that i have to become an officer and then from there i can go to flight school (If you pass all the tests). I was wondering how hard the whole process is and the likelihood of becoming one.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureFlyer View Post
    OK, I filled out my profile. I know what it physically takes to become a Marine Pilot. I need a Bachelor's degree, after that i have to become an officer and then from there i can go to flight school (If you pass all the tests). I was wondering how hard the whole process is and the likelihood of becoming one.
    very few officers on here at Leatherneck, go to MarineOCS.com and you'll get a lot more info and more responses

The Marine Corps does not have pilots...the Air Force has pilots. The Marine Corps has "Naval Aviators". The difference between a pilot and a Naval Aviator is a pilot lands on an air strip...a Naval Aviator lands onthe pitching, rolling deck of a shoip out at sea!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Marine aviators are also schooled and skilled in close air support. When you get down to basics all activities in the Marine Corps are to support the troops on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by GT6238 View Post
    Marine aviators are also schooled and skilled in close air support. When you get down to basics all activities in the Marine Corps are to support the troops on the ground.
    DAMN RIGHT!!!

03XX...everything else is just suppot!!!

I am a KC-130 Pilot and one of the few "TOD's" on the site. Not a problem helping you out. drop me an email with your name and phone number at thesandgram@yahoo.com

I can play the email game but easier to talk over the phone faster then I type.
    Semper Fi,
    Taco
    Thanks for the heads up Mike!

I live in Colorado Springs near the US Air Force Academy. I gave a presentation once in a Military History class at the academy. While there I met two cadets who were going into the Marine Corps as pilots when they graduated. Your best bet is to get into a pilots program at one of the Military Acedemies.

SF, Jay

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureFlyer View Post
    Hey guys, I was wondering if there were any USMC Pilots out there that could tell me what it took to become one. I've always loved aviation and would do anything to fly for the Marine Corps. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks, Jake
    You've gotten some good advice. I went through PLC and P-Cola. Flew Prowlers EA-6, if you have any further questions send me a PM.

Check out MarineOCS.com like josephd said and I highly recommend AirWarriors.com, which is a Navy-centric website/forum mostly devoted to aviation. I've learned a lot of great stuff there. Once you familiarize yourself there's a few threads that explain in detail a lot of the processes of becoming a aviator.

Credits
    Savings
    Thank you guys so much for all your help! I greatly appreciate it, I'll check out MarineOCS.com and AirWarriors.com and see if I can't find my answers.
    Thanks again, Jake

I do believe the lads questions were answered! Thanks all. Closed unless further intelligence is developed that would warrant it's reopening.

Thread Information