Cherry Point CO busted for DUI
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cherry Point CO busted for DUI

http://www.wwaytv3.com/nc_marine_com...riving/10/2010

CAMP LEJEUNE, NC (NEWS RELEASE) - The commanding officer of Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point was relieved of command Oct. 27 by the commanding general, MCIEAST.

What an idiot. I hope he gets what he deserves.

Many, Many Many people do this very thing on a daily basis. I do not believe it warrants being relieved of command. Besides he is innocent until proven guilty.

Not good, I read about the DUI arrest a few days ago on MC times online. Too bad it go posted in the open, not good to air out our dirty laundry in the open like that. Not that it is a secret, but, it would be nice to see this moved to Chesty Hooch.

This CO had a good career, flew missions in both wars, but it's too bad his career is over. If a DUI will ruin an enlisted man's career, and it did in my day, it should also do the same for an officer, especially the CO of a MC base.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    If a DUI will ruin an enlisted man's career, and it did in my day, it should also do the same for an officer, especially the CO of a MC base.
    THIS

Nearly all of us have driven under the influence

I wonder how many enlisted Marines he NJP'd and threw the book at for DWI, DUI, or underage drinking...

Relief of command should only be the beginning of his ultimate trip down to Camp Lejeune to receive as much before MajGen Jensen.

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    We have zero idea what the general did with regard to others. None at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    The main thing is fairness i.e. that the general be treated exactly the same way anyone else would be treated, no harsher, no more leniently, but exactly the same. I would not be for punishing him more because he's a general officer.
    Are there really that many among us who have never ever gotten behind the wheel of a motor vehicle after even one or two beers?? Not drunk driving, just driving after a couple of beers. Stand up and be counted, if you are completely innocent of that. Recall that it is not drunk driving, it is impairment, to any degree at all. Diminished capacity to operate a motor vehicle, due to alcohol.
    It seems like there are those who want to do him in just because he's a general. I don't see the logic. E-3 or general, same treatment re the OUI/DWI/DUI
    Didn't you just say that, in your first post??

And He should get way more then a enlisted.YES HE SHOULD. He's a Officer. They are held to a higher standard. Thats why when O's get court martial'd, they get the normal charges AND article 133.

In what other way is a Colonel and a Lance treated similer in a official context?

Yeah never. Roast him. Since when has our organization been fair?

Baker1971
    Guest Free Member
    dcb, looks like Lands wants you to limit your posts LOL....I will bet my bottom dollar ol Lands has never gotten behind that wheel after a few

Sure seems like the General is making a political statement by having the Colonel relieved of command. Way, way too harsh. Unless the Colonel has a habit of doing this all the time.

Kind of reminds me of the Lt. Calley incident way back when, only this is not as bad as what Calley supposedly did. An example was made of Calley and and example was made of this Colonel.

As a buck Sgt. I used to tend bar at the "O" Club at Camp Pendleton 17 Area. There were a whole lot of officers who turned into animals when they had more than they should have. I wonder how many times in his life this General drove a vehicle with more than a few under his belt.

Please.... since it happened off base, he'll probably face a local charge and just get off with a small fine and slap on the wrist. As for the military side of justice, I foresee "early retirement" in the future for the Colonel, and maybe some reduction in his pension, that's it.

This man->

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24282

came full circle after being relieved as CO of the unit he entered the fleet in as 2nd Lt. in 1982...

He was held to high moral standards and paid for a blunder. He was also a pretty good guy as i recall. Didn't seem to matter none.

Boozin and Bangin?!

hell but for the grace of god almost all of us could have been charged w/dui at on time or another

The Marine Corps his full,,,, ad-sep garbage out,,, in 45 days,,,----lets not NJP Marines,,,, lets ad sep them out,,, and raise the standards of the Marine Corps......

Officers can't get ad-sep, they have to be 'dropped from rolls' by the service secretary and they get rights of appeal the enlisted do not get.

Quote Originally Posted by HOWARDROARK3043 View Post
    The Marine Corps his full,,,, ad-sep garbage out,,, in 45 days,,,----lets not NJP Marines,,,, lets ad sep them out,,, and raise the standards of the Marine Corps......

Thread Information