I Need Help Only Leathernecks Can Provide
Create Post

I Need Help Only Leathernecks Can Provide

Those of you who have been following or reading my articles at http://rightwingwizkid.blogspot.com/

know that am trying to make it one of the most USMC-friendly and informative sites on the internet,

I am currently working on a series of articles regarding PFC Holly's time at boot camp, and it got me to thinking that I would like to do a "boot camp survival guide."

I know that there are lots of them out there, but I feel my blog needs one of it's own, and I don't want to steal/copy anyone else's work.

I have a pretty good idea of what to cover, but I'm hoping to get some ideas/suggestions from the members here.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Surviving boot is fairly simple. Ears and eyes open and mouth shut unless the DI expects a response. Be in the best shape you can be even though it won't be good enough. Don't let the mind games get to you because there is a reason for all the BS even though you won't know what that reason may be. Remember the premise of boot. To take a group of individuals and strip away that individualism, and then rebuild the raw material into a cohesive team of Marines who think and act alike. Always remember that boot is a very short period of time. It WILL end even though you are sure it never will.

Finally and this I can't stress enough.... Go to boot with the understanding you don't know anything and you will be fine! Those who go in thinking they know it all are the ones who get themselves in trouble or worse...catch the eye of the DI.

Good luck in your endevour. I am quite sure you will get other replies...but those are my inputs of important points.

Quote Originally Posted by dcb188 View Post
    DrZ we posted at precisely the same time, otherwise I would not have repeated things you covered....good post, you said it all!
    I had not even seen your post when I hit REPLY------
    Dave,
    I think it is important that we basically said the same thing in slightly different ways. Certainly proves we are not blowing smoke. Semper Fi my friend. Thank you for your service.

dcb188 and DrZ, thanks to you both.
    It will be a few days yet, but keep an eye peeled, once i have it together I will post a link to it

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Like I've told a few Poolees around here,, Once you jump off a cliff, you may as well enjoy the ride.

Study the Marine response to an ambush.

good afternoon evening or morning leathernecks i just got out with terminal on the 18 of sep from 4 years in the core i have a question dose anybody know or can anybody give me information about a non-drilling reserve the reason for me looking into that is because i am currently going to school full time as well as working and i have a small family of three including myself to provide for.

Then...perhaps you shouldn't have gotten out with no job...and in this economy! Good gravy!

Go see the recruiter at your local RS, they'll know of the nearest reserve unit you can hook up with.

Good luck.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcbarrios View Post
    good afternoon evening or morning leathernecks i just got out with terminal on the 18 of sep from 4 years in the core i have a question dose anybody know or can anybody give me information about a non-drilling reserve the reason for me looking into that is because i am currently going to school full time as well as working and i have a small family of three including myself to provide for.
    no disrespect to you and your time served but do you know how to start your own thread?....proper spelling and punctuation? and I would think being that you are a Marine you would know how to spell "Corps" and also know how to research on your own how or know how going into the reserves would work

Thread Information