door gunner - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

03devildog

door gunner

Rate this Entry
Can i get some guidence on how i can lat move from an 0311 to a 6199? im getting ready to talk to the CRS and all i want to do for the next 3-4 years is to be a door gunner. What all is there to do'; requirements, schools? Also if the lat move is not approved is there another way i can get that mos, or just get on a helo. ive spent enough time on the ground now i want to fly.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

As long as you have the right scores, and can get an avail slot. You will have to do survival school, water survival, basic helo maint school (6114), then upon grad as a 6114 you then go to crew chief school. Another route is become 6114 then become "homegrown" crew chief, or aerial gunner, or aerial observer after you get to your command (takes a while). Honestly, your looking at a lot more than just shooting. Most of the time it is a lot more maintenance on the bird than shooting. Also, just a heads up I switched from ground side to the wing after my first four. Be prepared for an adjustment, it is a whole different world. Good luck, Semper Fi