need advice into getting back into the marine corp - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

sponsler87

need advice into getting back into the marine corp

Rate this Entry
I'm trying to get back into the marine corp. I was discharged in basic before I had a chance to finish. I was told after 2 years I could enlist agian buy I had to get 15 colloge credits. Now I have done that now I'm being told I need to go to the va & have my reentry code changed. What is stoping that is the va says I don't qualify for va benefits. When all I want is to get back in finish what I started. My seperation code is JFV1. My reentry code is RE-3P. My dream is to be a Marine it's the only thing I've ever wanted I can run & PT with no problems at all. I'm look for any help at all. There's nothing wrong with me I just need this 3P changed I need to know if it can be changed & how far up the chain I have to go. I was discharged for bilateral tibia stress fractures & I was droped to mrp twice. I've talked to a recruiter about I was told he can't do anything until that 3P is changed. So that's where I'm at the va will not see me because I wasn't in for 24 months I need to know who I need to talk to & what needs to be done. Im
23 & want nothing else but to be a marine it's been my dream since I was 10.

Updated 09-16-10 at 09:55 AM by sponsler87 (title change)

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Not doing you any good talking to us. TALK TO A RECRUITER.
    First off, go talk to a recruiter, they will be able to help you more than us. More specifically, a prior service recruiter. You can go to a normal recruiting office, but a prior service recruiter will know what paperwork is necessary to re-enlist someone that has a re-enlistment code of anything but RE-1 or RE-1A. I can tell you that having an RE-3 of any type is pretty much going to disqualify you at this time. The Marine Corps increased in size from 176k to 202.5k active duty Marines. When they did this, the Marine recruiters went bananas and did too awesome of a job. The USMC as a whole has been over its force cap (the maximum allowance of troops the Marine Corps can employ) for over a year now and is trying to trim off the extras. So what does that mean for you? You will have to work extra hard with the recruiters to get the chain of command to approve you to be re-entered into the Corps. Letters of recommendation from notable individuals can never hurt, because remember, you are going to basically compete for a spot in the Marines with everyone else that has never even tried to get in (and there are alot of people trying right now). Keep pressing on and talk to your local recruiter and eventually good things might happen for you, but you will have to be patient.
    Good luck with getting a prior service recruiter to return your phone calls.