Marine in Walmart - Blogs - Marine Corps - USMC Community
View RSS Feed

Goodenough89

Marine in Walmart

Rate this Entry
So living in Jacksonville, NC with three marine corps bases located in this town it's amazing on what things you see out in town.
A few days ago I was at walmart and saw this man come into the store, completely looking like something out of hot topic or a horror magazine. Now let me inform you that in no way shape or form am I the type of person to look down on hot-topic "shoppers" or people that lok on the grunge side but... this man scared me. The wierd thing was he walked in wearing digital camouflage cut off shorts and a digital camouflage blouse with the sleeves cut off. They cammies even had name tapes and everything. The man looked to be about 24 years old and had piercings everywhere possible. His hair was done in a mohawk however the hair was straight piercings that had been implanted. He was standing in line waiting to pay for what ever he had purchased as if nothing was wrong. A man waiting in line as well at a different register, obviously a marine had come across the aisle at him and ripped off the man's name tapes that were on the cammies ripping not only his name tapes off but his nipple piercings as well. Just at the time when the marine had began to reach for the man's cammie bottom pockets he was tackled and held down yelling let me have him, i will tear him up, I did not dedicate 25 years of my life to see some ****bag like this disrespect my corps, etc.. The marine is a first sgt stationed on camp lejeune and to my knowledge is not being charged.

Another situation:

Yesterday yet again I was at walmart and I saw this marine standing with his wife with about 8 young marines standing around him at parade rest. My mother and I passed by the marines and then they began following us. One marine came up to me and said ma'am can you please tell us how MCT is and what to expect. I stood and talked with them for about 30 minutes. It was amazing, I then told them to stop standing at parade rest while they are in civillian clothes, it's not necessary. One of the marines pointed to one of them standing there and said we were getting yelled at because of this marines shirt and that marines shoes. One Marine was wearing a plain white t-shirt so I can understand why he was getting yelled at, but for a second I just didn't see that necessary to stand there and chew their asses in the middle of wallmart as well as the fact that his wife had on a white tank top with her stomach showing. Correct me if I am wrong but you are supposed to make sure your spouse follows the same rules as you have to. If we were at the commissary, the marine would have gotten his ass chewed for what his wife was wearing. I believe that is when the whole "make sure you're **** is tight before correcting someone else." Yes the marine wearing a plain white t-shirt was wrong and should have known better considering the fact that he was fresh out of boot camp that week, number 2. The marine wearing the so called "shower shoes" were a pair of 75$ abercrombie sandles. No need to make a big scene in walmart for that. Okay I'm done I was just ranting and raving.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was in the Marines for 7 years.And I still look like I am in the Corps. I severed from 1972 till 1979. I want you to rember that once a Marine always a Marine. So look and dress proud like a Marine. This is why we say the FEW THE PROUD TE MARINES. So the Marines that were in Walmart should have got Their ass shewed. Also the Marine that was in Walmart with His wife. That was doing the ass shewing should have had His ass droped doining 50.
    The 1st sargent should have gotten a medal!
    The Few Thr Proud The Marines.............................. Ssgt. Francisco.

Es
    kfisbusy thanks for servin your time but things have changed a bit. As for that Marine in the white shirt yeah he should have gotten his ass chewed but not in public in front of a bunch of civilians. There is a saying now praise in public correct in private. By all means correct everyone and anyone i do on a daily basis but don't embarrass a Marine in a public establishment.
    countryboy3102 - you are very correct on correcting Marines in public establishments. The Marine that felt the need to chew them out in Wal-Mart is probably lacking something somewhere and felt he needed to flex his musscle in front of the wife to make himself look good. Good initiative on his part but poor judgement on how it went down.

Goodenough89 - What his wife wears is totally up to her unless she is a Marine. She can go anywhere off base looking like a cheap 2 dollar ***** and noone can say anything. At least not in regards to the way Marines are supposed to dress. Keep in mind, she is simply a civilian and does not have to answer to the Marine Corps for the way she dresses or acts.