Conversation Between Sgt Leprechaun and Robert Pidgeon

Conversation Between Sgt Leprechaun and Robert Pidgeon

6 Visitor Messages

1. OUTstanding! Welcome to the brotherhood!
  2. Good morning Sgt! I earned the title, and on a very special day too. The 236th anniversary of our Corps! Really something special. I graduated Nov 18th. Plt 3089, 3rd Btn Mike Co.

Thanks for this site, and have a great Thanksgiving. I'm glad I get to have it with my family before SOI/ ITB.
  3. Thank you so much for the reply, I have finished my final Poolee meet today. I feel weird about it leaving so many people I've become friends with. My MOS is 03, active duty. I'm still not sure if I want to make a career out of my service. It's to early too know right now. Thanks for the reply, and I hope to do well in boot camp, because I will be in shock, and awe when I get off the bus. I've been "Yelled" at, but never "screamed" at like someone wanting to kill me. I just have to listen.
  4. Robert, it's only natural. Happens to EVERYone, believe me. The best advice I can give you is to do your absolute best, the rest will take care of itself. The DI's do not expect you to show up and run a 300 PFT. If that were the case then we wouldn't need Recruit Training all that much. Like many other things, the 'waiting' and worrying is the WORST part of all this...once you get there you'll find it's not nearly as 'bad' as you thought it would be.
  5. Sir, sorry for misspelling your name.
  6. Sergeant Leprichaun, I'm a poolee out of RS Montgomery, RSS Pensacola. I leave for boot camp on the 22nd of this month, I cant calm myself. Literally getting sleepless nights because I get nervous. The thing that worries me most is the Physical part, I can pull, and my crunches are fine, but I'm a slow runner. My last IST 1.5 run was an 12:06 (I think it was a .1 longer), and my fastest was a 11:45
    I'm not so worried about my job, but I guess I am freaking myself out for no reason. I just worry. This self doubt is always in the back of my head, until I get to terms of the Moment of truth so too speak. Tell me Sgt, did you ever feel the same way when you did your IST at boot camp? Either way, the nervousness will only make me push harder... I just hope I can.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 6 of 6