Conversation Between rlbarry and topwinner

Conversation Between rlbarry and topwinner

2 Visitor Messages

1. Ron, your not going to believe this, but in 1959 I moved from VA to Mandarin which as you know is right outside of Jacksonville. I met and married a Jacksonville girl. We bought property and raised two fine sons. Property values escalated greatly in Mandarin which prompted us to sell and relocate to Gilbert AZ in 1997. My wife, Linda and I love it here, but we difinitely miss St. Augustine and fishing in Florida. We also miss boating on the St. Johns River and sometimes can still taste the good seafood. Our boys followed us out here later and now both live in Queen Creek AZ. For good fishing and seafood we go to San Deigo for a few days, you know what a beautiful area that is. Yes, the name Ball does ring a bell and of course Donald Kieneche (he was from Richmond VA). I also remember Rountree and Stringer. I remember the incident and I'd like to hear the true story sometime. I'd like for Rountree to get in touch when he visits his daughter. I can be reached at 480-813-6739. Do you remember Richard Beck? I found him the other day and he actually lives here in the Phoenix area. Can you believe he spent 30 years in the Corps and retired as a Master Sargeant? If you remember him and would like, I will forward his contact information. Great to hear from you. I'm going to look through my old pictures and see if I can refresh my old memory. You do the same. Take care of you and yours. Semper Fi Buddy, Jim
  2. Hey James so good to hear from you. The reason I got on here was to find guys from 403 at Parris Island, I remember you along with some of the other boys from Va. Ball, Keineche and acouple more I cant come up with their names. I see you are living in the Phoenix Az. area. If you remember Rountree who marched right behind me in formation, he has a daughter who lives in Phoenix and visits her often Icould tell him to look you up next time he goes if you like. Do you remember Stringer that Blanding tried to kill? I saw him at Golden Isles Speedway a few years ago, man has he got a story. More later.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2