Conversation Between MarinaEukel and JenniferJp

Conversation Between MarinaEukel and JenniferJp

2 Visitor Messages

1. Dear Jennifer, you are brave, I hope everything went well, I am very happy for you. I ended up getting really sick with fibromyalgia and as a result did not enlisted. I am sad as I turned 28 few days ago. However, I know what I want to do with my life and am pursuing it, so I am not too disapointed. Bless you, and may God protect you as you serve.
  2. I just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading your posts about enlisting. I am 27 and have enlisted. I am shipping to boot camp in November. When you enlist you will have to go to MEPS and then participate in Poolee functions. I have and still remain the oldest person there. Sometimes it makes me feel uncomfortable, but I am happy I did not go in right away because I think I would have lacked the maturity to fully commit to becoming a Marine. Prepare yourself now to be older than everyone around you, but remind yourself why you want to be a Marine. I also like to remind myself what I have accomplished in my life already and think about the experiences I will bring to the Corps. Good Luck in your decsion. But also like you I never wanted to look back with regret so I went for it. I ship in Nov and should be back in Jan. I will be happy to tell you what it is like for an "old woman" like us to go through boot when I get back. But good luck and Semper Fi!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2