Marine Corps - USMC Community - LukeG - Blogs
View RSS Feed

LukeG

My name is Luke and I'm training to join the United States Marine Corps. I'm 17 and a senior in high school, off to Basic Training two weeks after graduation. I want to make sure I'm fit before then!

I'll be using this blog to record my training as well as inspire other teenagers who are interested in the military to take the next step and start training. I am completely aware of how brutal boot camp will be and really looking forward to it.

For the record, these are my stats the day I started training. You really can't get much more out of shape than I was.

August 1, 2010
115 pounds
5' 11"

I was/am VERY skinny. Though I ate a ton, it mostly had to do with my high metabolism and junk food habits.

Also for the record, below are my stats the day this blog was setup.

September 16, 2010
124 pounds
5' 11"

I use my Wii Fit balance board to track my weight. Though I don't use many of the exercise programs on it, it does record my weight and BMI so I can continue to look back and see my progress in the future.

I've changed my eating habits completely. I've gone from two or three meals a day, junk food in between, one pop a day, and almost no water to five high-protein meals, no snacks at all, a large cup of icy water, and two large classes of "Smart Balance" chocolate milk a day. I also throw in a vitamin at breakfast. I eat at 8:00 am before school, 12:00 pm at the school's lunch time, 3:45 pm when I get home, 6:00 pm, and 9:00 pm before I go to bed. Oh, I also try and get more sleep. I'm at about nine hours a night now.

My goal is 140-145 pounds by the end of the school year. That gives me about eight months to gain 16 pounds, which, in my mind, shouldn't be too hard - I've already gained 8 in a month and a half haven't I?

LukeG has no blog entries to display.