Marine Corps - USMC Community - Looking for WWII Marines who may have known or served with my Grandfather - Blogs
View RSS Feed

Looking for WWII Marines who may have known or served with my Grandfather

My name is Kathi Salinas,
I am the Only Granddaughter of 1st Lt. Loyd I. Belt, USMC-WWII and I am writing to you in hopes that you may have known or possibly served with my Grandfather and would be willing to lend some assistance in enabling me to fill in much needed information, details and daily accounts of the Battles he and I’m sure most of you participated in during your service in WWII.
I started writing my Grandfather’s Memoirs about 3 years ago, but due to his failing health, memory and his unexpected passing March 13, 2007, the only information I have so far for his Book entitled "My Marine Hero", The Memoirs of 1st Lt. Loyd I. Belt, USMC/WWII are his USMC records, they give plenty of Dates, Places, Names of Ships, Transports but not much else as far as details.
I would be most grateful for ANY information you would be willing to share with me to help me finish his Memoirs and have them Published into a Book in his Honor and Memory. I realize, the chances of actually finding any Marines who DO Remember Him or Served with him is almost IMPOSSIBLE, but still - my Quest Continues. What is MORE important to me is that I gather all the Actual-Facts and Accounts of each of the battles you all were in to fill in many of the blanks I have.
Also, if there is anyone YOU know of who may wish to be of any assistance, PLEASE, by ALL MEANS feel free to forward this to them as well. Thank you for your time, and I am eternally grateful to all of you for your Service and Sacrifices during WWII and beyond, and I Thank You & God Bless.

Sincerely,
Kathi Salinas
Proud Granddaughter of a USMC/WWII-Hero
Semper-Fi
txpepperkat62@yahoo.com

P.S. I have recently created a profile and photo album on Leatherneck.com

WWIIGrndaughter has no blog entries to display.