Marine Corps - USMC Community - Comments - Blogs

Blog Comments

greetings marine: I have a question for twenty five years. I hop you can anaswer. I whent boot 1956 P I at that time we did the 13 man squad drill. Just befor we dearted boot camp we where tooled that the 13 man squard dill would no longer be used because it is to complecatad But I never reard of the one you talk about
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianhipwell
    I'm a boot campared to you guys. I've heard of the '8 man drill'. I probably have the name wrong, but if someone could square me away on this I'd be most appreciative.
    I'm a boot campared to you guys. I've heard of the '8 man drill'. I probably have the name wrong, but if someone could square me away on this I'd be most appreciative.
    i graduated parris island s.c. fifth recruit battalion platoon 172 sept 12 1956 drill instructors t.sgt l.r.magee s.sgt.j.a.kostecki sgtj.n.e. starks cpl r.a. motto
    I was in Boot Camp starting Sept. 1958.We started with the Squads Right Drill but after a couple of weeks we switched to what was called The Landing Party Manuel Drill.I believe it's what's used today..Semper Fi..Sack
    I went through PI, from Nov.48 to Feb.49, Sergeant, and I never heard it called anything But Close Order Drill.In the case of one of our DIs, we called it 'Organized Grab-Ass, by the numbers,in the mjoonlite. I hope that helps
    Semper Fi !!! Ken
    Hey "Old Marine" I'm an old Marine also.graduated from P.I. IN 1953,Plt.#305
    In 1953 it was also Squads Right Drill.