OIF II and Fallujah fight 1st Mar - RCT 1
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OIF II and Fallujah fight 1st Mar - RCT 1

How many Marines on here took part in the Fallujah fight?

There is not one day that goes by that I do not think about Iraq and the fighting, 3-4 yrs later looking back at the young Marines that were my same age, kia at age 19-20, something i'll always dwell on.

Jeff, Thanks for your service and your heroism. I wish I could say that I took part in such an operation, but the truth is, it took folks like you and my friend 1stLt Almar Fitzgerald (KIA, Awarded 1st Lt Posthumously) to help support America and what we live for.

I know that the Marine Corps as a whole is a brotherhood, with no one claiming glory more than the next man, but the truth is, the Marine Corps exists to support the 0311's like yourself. Me, I was Air Defense, which in turn, supported you guys.
    I am sure everyone has heard a grunt called names, called the "rocks" of the corps, and you know what, if that is the case, I would proudly serve by the "rocks" of our service compared the the genusis of any other branch.
    My quick story... I was in the DEP to go 03xx and my father tried hard to talk me out of it. He had been in the army infantry, and at least wanted me to go to college first. No way, I was not having it. I wanted to be an 03. He died two weeks before I entered boot camp in 98, and I wanted to honor him by changing my MOS to 72xx... I have no regrets, but let me tell you, I am impressed by you guys all of the time. I wish I could have been there, beside all of you warriors. Thank you

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I watched CNN all day followwing your fight. Sadly ther ain't no old guy division. Your Generation done well up there with Iwo Jima, Chison, and Hue City. God Bless you and your Btothers. Amen.

I was there with 3rd LAR Commanche Co. Had a lot of good times with my fellow Marines during that operation. I also loved how CNN let the insurgents know we were coming before hand! Gotta love road blocks when your cruising through town in an LAV!!

I was with 2/2 for that one. We were on the outskirts of the city for the most part. I'll tell you what, those gun ships were not playing!! I clearly remember the Army PsyOps blaring 'Let the bodies hit the floor' over the loud speakers.

SGT VAS didnt you like how some times CNN or the BBC would know about missions before we did?

I was there with 2nd CEB i got stuck with taking back POW's to base they smelled like pure ass. Did any of you save the flyers that said if you want to live get out or Die writen in arabic. They were dumping them all over the city in C130's.

Oh wow, if any of you have any of those flyers and are willing to send one my way I would love to have one framed on my wall lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0311 View Post
    There is not one day that goes by that I do not think about Iraq and the fighting, 3-4 yrs later looking back at the young Marines that were my same age, kia at age 19-20, something i'll always dwell on.
    I know what you mean.

Those days were absolutely a blur my friends. I was their during the called off assault in March and April '04. My old unit, brothers and younger guys from 3/1 went in during Phantom Fury, and I watched from home as my closest friends finished the job we should have been allowed to do six months earlier. It was a hard and terrible yet exhilirating feeling all at the same time as you wtched them push south from Route Mobile blow the breech lanes and commence what had to be done. My friends who didn't come home from that fight and the ones that followed will always be in my thoughts every day of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKnip0331 View Post
    Those days were absolutely a blur my friends. I was their during the called off assault in March and April '04. My old unit, brothers and younger guys from 3/1 went in during Phantom Fury, and I watched from home as my closest friends finished the job we should have been allowed to do six months earlier. It was a hard and terrible yet exhilirating feeling all at the same time as you wtched them push south from Route Mobile blow the breech lanes and commence what had to be done. My friends who didn't come home from that fight and the ones that followed will always be in my thoughts every day of my life.
    Semper Fi and thanks for your service, Marine.

I Remember Those Beautiful Days In Fallujah... Couldn't Go Thru The Cloverleaf To Get To Ramadi, Had To Go Around The Lake To Tq... Lol...
    I Remember When Everyone Was Pulled Out Of Fallujah And Had To Camp Out On Camp Fallujah For A Few Days... I Was With Imef/mhg Motor T At The Time... Still Bringing Vehicles Up From Kuwait... Road Blocks, Constant Mortar Attacks, Sleepless Nites...

Quote Originally Posted by justinrod09 View Post
    I Remember When Everyone Was Pulled Out Of Fallujah And Had To Camp Out On Camp Fallujah For A Few Days...

When was that????
    Was it during 04?

yea, that was before phantom fury... summer 04

Falujah

Yeah man i was there to. rct-1 scout plt. making regular runs up the gauntlet. time of my life. now i have had 3 more deployments, you jst cant find good pure action like that anymore. afghanistan wasnt to bad, got back from there last month. cant wait to head back out ASAP!!!

first post here, just wanna say whats up to everyone on here. i was a grunt in 3/1 in nov of 04 during operation phantom fury, its pretty crazy to look back at all we went threw, but there isnt a day that goes by that i dont think of all my close friends i lost in fallujah.

Thread Information