So an Army recruiter called me today - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iamspartacus View Post
    Geez guys, stop acting so sensible and join in with a good 'ol Army bashing fest like we all love to do!
    Errr Sgt! Fvck the Army! Man that feels good

Quote Originally Posted by iamspartacus View Post
    Geez guys, stop acting so sensible and join in with a good 'ol Army bashing fest like we all love to do!
    Our SDI hated the army, maybe a bad experience in Nam, his best one was they look like a bunch of fvckin Christmas trees in their dress greens,lol, Never Forget, Semper Fidelis.

Yeah, you may get a offer for a 18 series contract and those guys are the best our military has to offer.

I wanna be an airborne ranger!
    I wanna live a life of danger!

I remember the same thing happening to me back in '87 when I got out. They seriously offered me cash and choice of a few select MOS's related to the intel field with a guarantee of E-5 on signing. Turned them down cold and never looked back.

They offer me some cash to re-enlist and get a guaranteed chance to go to the most high speed schools you'd never see in the Corps, operate weapons we'd only see after they were considered old and operate under non PC ROE I'll take it. As a matter of fact I'm considering it now especially since its so hard to get back in the suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    They offer me some cash to re-enlist and get a guaranteed chance to go to the most high speed schools you'd never see in the Corps, operate weapons we'd only see after they were considered old and operate under non PC ROE I'll take it. As a matter of fact I'm considering it now especially since its so hard to get back in the suck.
    It's worth considering. You've done the best, now try the rest.

Yep. I mean don't get me wrong I've no illusions it will ever be the Corps or as good no matter what training but I'm 25 I sort of want to get a chance to do that before I'm to broken.

If I were a young man, in this day and age, I would join the Corps. I would attempt to join MARSOC or BUDS after my term in the Corps. It's easy to say these things now as a middle aged man. I never had any vision when I was young.

Quote Originally Posted by DRB View Post
    If I were a young man, in this day and age, I would join the Corps. I would attempt to join MARSOC or BUDS after my term in the Corps. It's easy to say these things now as a middle aged man. I never had any vision when I was young.
    **** BUDS...I hate the water as it is and its much to long of a wait just from seeing threads on here and from talking to a Marine recruiter to get back in. By the time I got them to let me back in I'd be haf way through whatever the training the Army sends me to, not to mention the SF community does join operations all the time and MARSOC is really young and not getting many things to do as of yet. They only just started tapping units for officers when we got back from Iraq. They stole our Plt Cmdr

**** BUDS...I hate the water as it is and its much to long of a wait just from seeing threads on here and from talking to a Marine recruiter to get back in. By the time I got them to let me back in I'd be haf way through whatever the training the Army sends me to, not to mention the SF community does join operations all the time and MARSOC is really young and not getting many things to do as of yet. They only just started tapping units for officers when we got back from Iraq. They stole our Plt Cmdr
    You should seriously consider Special Forces. Those guys are very tight and I've heard many ex Marines do well with the Q course.

You should seriously consider Special Forces. Those guys are very tight and I've heard many ex Marines do well with the Q course.
    I'd considered it but I would much prefer direct action missions that are with in keeping with traditional infantry roles, just more precise and specialized as the Rangers are. The way I am I don't see myself being a good fit training up indigenous forces, winning the locals support and the like simply because my heart wouldn't be into it.

They do, the army is FULL of "Former" Marines of all stripes. So is the Air Guard, etc.

Not a bad gig if you go in realizing you are JUST a number and until you are an E-8 you'll be treated like you treated your PFC's no matter what.

I'd considered it but I would much prefer direct action missions that are with in keeping with traditional infantry roles, just more precise and specialized as the Rangers are. The way I am I don't see myself being a good fit training up indigenous forces, winning the locals support and the like simply because my heart wouldn't be into it.
    Rangers would be a good option. Marines have typically said good things about the regiment.

Rangers would be a good option. Marines have typically said good things about the regiment.
    I'm lucky to know two of them. One was wounded in Iraq the same time I was there and the other was in OIFII so I've been learning about their history and other than that training and deciding if I want to do this or not. No time like the present. I'm only getting older@!

Another good option is Air Force Pararescue. Some very sharp guys and they are finally starting to get some recognition.

Thread Information