Vietnam I Corps Marines Check In! - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hello Brother Marines
    It's always nice to hear from Marines who served in I Corp. I also served there from 67-68. I was with H&S co 3/7 1st. Div. We were arround the Arizona, Dodge City and also around AnHoa. I was an 81 Mortarman but also worked in S-3, worked as Combat Artist for a short while but got kicked out, and later was in rockets and guns on Hill 65 (with India Co). Some of those days weren't my most memorable days but what can I say. I'm just glad I served, came back alive and did something for our beautiful country. May God Bless and take care of the Marine Corp. Ted Diaz

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Blog Entries
    I serve dong ha /tri/where ever/ but when i got short i did two things that i new better .one had my first ten pack, winter green the second lone money to a marine we sat in a fox holes together popin flares, picken our nose, he promised and never did pay me back . he bought a nice camera too,it was our first time in a px over there, nice camera he took pictures of me , took picture of everything, he said BOB iam going to send you a alblum bro. what a f*king azz, still waiting,.......................usmc

Echo 2/1 1970 Arizona territory,Camp Carroll and a few other places

sorry 1971,I was thinking faster than I was typing.

Talking

Morning Marines!

It's Monday, what else can I say!

I was with B.L.T. 3/1, H&S Co. LSU Det.1st MarDiv. at Cua Viet, Camp Carroll, Dong Ha, Red Beach. and a few other places I can't remember the names. In country 67-68.

Vietnam I Corps check in.....

Good Day Marines. If you were in I Corps during '69 you most likely flew on one of my 46's. HMM-265. Had a Sea Horse on its Forward Clam shell, and aft Plylon. I was on EP-11, EP-13, and had 3- EP-14's of my own, as Crew Chief. Glad you made it back. Semper Fi, and READY-APP.

Talking Morning Marines!

Just back from Dallas Texas and adult staff Young Marine training! Hope everyone has a great Monday!

OK!

I have a blog here on Leatherneck.com now. If you don't know how to access it, just click on my profile then click on blog. It's there to read if you want, or Not!

Semper Fi!

Gunny S.

Semper Fi! I served with Delta, 3rd Recon, and the recon platoon aboard BLT 2/4. With Delta, we patrolled around Khe Sahn, the Rockpile, Camp Carrol, the National Forest, and other points of interest. With the BLT, we were in an interesting shindig at Dai Do. Just returned home from a 3rd Recon reunion, and, damned, we're old!!
    Uh Rah!

what was it like for you guys in Nam?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by luis2787 View Post
    what was it like for you guys in Nam?
    Yeah right, I can see the replies flooding the thread.

You wanna see all my medals and ribbons also!

Al,
    I didn't get to fly around a lot, except when you guys inserted/extracted us recon idiots, but in the mud we were scared s***less a huge majority of the time. Tell the kid like it is. If you aren't scared, you're crazy. Being a Marine is doing your job, watching after your brothers, and ignoring being scared. Like the Gunny said, "You're all gonna die---some day!" When you know you're gonna die yesterday, today isn't really that bad.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by wgungho View Post
    Al,
    I didn't get to fly around a lot, except when you guys inserted/extracted us recon idiots, but in the mud we were scared s***less a huge majority of the time. Tell the kid like it is. If you aren't scared, you're crazy. Being a Marine is doing your job, watching after your brothers, and ignoring being scared. Like the Gunny said, "You're all gonna die---some day!" When you know you're gonna die yesterday, today isn't really that bad.
    Welcome Home Moose. Who knows, if you made a trip on a 46, we might have flown together.

Flying About the Beautiful Skies of Southeast Asia in a green and paper thin bullet magnet was a joy to behold.

Scared every time we went up, but you get in a zone, and do what you were trained to do.

Again, Welcome Home Brother, and Semper Fidelis.

BTW, you think that kid would like to hear the story of us having to scrub the cabin on a 46. It was the time a ****ing gook was brought in and he had a grenade. Once he was sitting on the floor and facing the rear, he pulled the pin. 2 Marines were sitting beside him. It was not a pretty site. Their names are on The Wall. I really don't give a **** what his name was. We had to external the 46 out. Needless to say, it was quite ripe in there.

(You think that's what young Luis wants to hear? He best stick to movies and video games.)

The Cpl. requests permission to speak. Kilo 3/7 1st Mar. Div. Quang Nam I Corps.
    Lt. Bender 12/68 to 7/69

Thread Information