The IST and Questions
Create Post

The IST and Questions

I am a Poolee in the DEP. I'm having trouble with the IST's because of pull-ups. My recruiters have been working with me since i swore in in march, but I'm still at 0 pull ups, and i am 45 days till shipping to boot. When i first met my recruiter, he mentioned that those who fail the IST would get discharged, however since then i've been hearing about the pcp at boot. I'm just wondering what happens if i dont pass my IST in pull-ups before i ship.

Hey RedNeedsHelp,

Have you tried doing something called planks? I started at with about 3 pull-ups at MEPS and got up to 34 now by doing a lot of planks at night. Also the pull up bar I installed in my kitchen doorway helped too... lol

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    not a single pull up?....you will ship, just prepare to be in PCP

I think hes gotta pass the IST before shipping or the pull up test they give at MEPS now on the day you ship

How about you hit the gym and quit crying and just work out.

use a lat pull down machine

if that's not an option, work on your biceps and do chinups (palms facing you). they still count and they're easier to do for those that have trouble with pullups

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0231Noodles View Post
    I think hes gotta pass the IST before shipping or the pull up test they give at MEPS now on the day you ship
    that what they said to us when I shipped to but there was a few that couldn't do anything and still shipped, ended up in PCP

How have you been working out for 6 months and you still can't do one pull up. WTF is your workout...video games and Wendy's?
    That's pretty f*cking sad.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    How have you been working out for 6 months and you still can't do one pull up. WTF is your workout...video games and Wendy's?
    That's pretty f*cking sad.
    thank you!....I didn't want to be the one to say that and be the bad guy when he gets butt hurt and cries about it

FU*$ it hes a BOOT!!

Thread Information