The Reason Why Marines are the Best Fighting Force in the World.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

The Reason Why Marines are the Best Fighting Force in the World.

Roger that George, and even an Army guy like me has to admit that it is always best to have a Devil Dog unit on your flank in combat because that's one flank you don't have to worry about. Here's a true story: In 2003 when the Marines and the Army 3d Infantry Division had taken down Baghdad and had truck convoys scattered all the way into Kuwait, I was a plans officer at USCENTCOM when our intelligence intercepted an order from the Iraqi insurgency commander. It was a field order to all the insurgent unit commanders and it went something like this:

"Resistance Commanders, When attacking supply and truck units you must be aware that there are two different American "armies":

1. The US Army which wears tan desert uniforms like this (photo of a
    Soldier wearing the old desert uniform); and.

2. The US Marine Corps which wears a different uniform like this (photo of a Marine wearing the newly issued USMC digital uniform).

When planning your attacks on supply lines and truck convoys ensure that you do NOT attack a US Marine unit. If you do, these supply-unit Marines will immediately act like Army infantry and they will attack you and hunt every one of your men down and kill them. The US Army truck and supply units will not pursue you. Attack them instead."

As deeply embarrassing as that was to the entire US Army, it was a long time coming. As an Infantryman, I know that in the past 25 years we trained the hell out of our active duty combat units but we let the rest
    of the force waste away. The Army has a long ways to go, but we have rectified some of these problems in the past four years. It's just sad that we had to let the enemy tell us how screwed up we were.

VR,

John A. Keenan
    Colonel, USMC (Ret)

"These supply unit Marines will immediately act like MARINE INFANTRY and they will attack you and hunt every one of your men down and kill them."

Fixed.

How ture, How ture and that is why we are MARINES !!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the Commandant saying it best...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR2QAGYJDHo

Credits
    Savings
    That's why Marines are the best. Even Marine cooks are better riflemen than Army infantry on any given day depending on weather conditions. Well I can't really tell because I haven't had the chance to joined yet. I'm so willing to join too bad I'm not an American citizen. Maybe when I get the chance to join the war would be over then. Just thought it was amusing and I wanted to share it with the rest of you guys.

Certainly interesting. Could you provide a link to that?

Credits
    Savings
    http://web.utk.edu/~semperfi/Famous%...e%20Quotes.htm

This is the site where I saw the quotes. Hope you guys like it.

Credits
    Savings
    The US Air Force Chief-of-Staff would never be called -- Airman
    The Chief-of-Naval Operations would never be called -- Sailor
    The Commanding General of The US Army would never be called -- Soldier
    BUT the Commandant of the Marine Corps would be proud to be called a -- United States Marine

Quote Originally Posted by jamesxaero View Post
    Even Marine cooks are better riflemen than Army infantry on any given day depending on weather conditions.
    Easy son.

Don't dis the men. The army has issues, but it has nothing to do with the heart of the men and women serving it. Leadership that distances itself from its force will ALWAYS fall short of leadership that is PART of its force; or in this case, part of it's Corps.

The men and women of the United States Army are American fighting troops, just like we Marines are.

My Father was a U. S. Army Sniper in WW2, though he never claimed, and in fact, disliked that word. He said his MOS was long range rifleman.

He taught me proper weapons management when my age was still in single digits.

I fired with the exact same consistency from day one on the PI range till qualification day; perfect black, till my right eye swelled shut and I had to switch and put the left hand attachment on. That was generally about the end of the 300 meter rapid fire.

The M16A1 and I never did get along well. The charging handle hits me right on the cheek bone, when I am in calm fire position. Picture being punched in the eye every time you fire a round down range.

I still qualified Expert.

I'll take an M14 any day. An AK47 works fine. Hell, a BAR, M1 or anything; so long as it doesn't have that damn chunk of aluminum smacking me in the eye constantly.

Once I got out in the Fleet, and could start out left handed, my qual scores went up considerably.

I learned how to shoot from a man that knew very well how to shoot. He was U. S. Army.

The Army has some seriously fine fighting men in its ranks. But yes, as a whole, due mostly to poor leadership, the U.S. Army needs a field day on it's combat skills.

So please don't dis the men son.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesxaero View Post
    The US Air Force Chief-of-Staff would never be called -- Airman
    The Chief-of-Naval Operations would never be called -- Sailor
    The Commanding General of The US Army would never be called -- Soldier
    BUT the Commandant of the Marine Corps IS proud to be called a -- United States Marine
    FIXED!

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    I am proud to be always called a 'Marine'

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdawgg View Post
    I am proud to be always called a 'Marine'
    Amen Brother, Amen. Semper Fidelis.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    FIXED!
    God love ya Big Al.

You just way too good at that!

Semper Fi

So If we are this awesome sitting around doing MarineNet classes all day and cleaning rooms, what does the Army do everyday?

Quote Originally Posted by LandsNGrooves View Post
    So If we are this awesome sitting around doing MarineNet classes all day and cleaning rooms, what does the Army do everyday?
    LOL...yes that's what we do during the work day, not sleep and play video games .....haha

Thread Information