Are corpsman considered Marines
Create Post

are corpsman considered Marines. Can they say Semper Fi. I'm wondering what Marines thought.

Credits
    Savings
    corpsman!

In the Marines?

Are you serious?

They are damm squids.

Corpsemans in the Maureen Corpses? Never!

Jeez, do a lookabout around here and see if my words ring true.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member

are corpsman considered Marines. Can they say Semper Fi.

Corpsman are about as close to Marines as one can get.....

They go to their own Navy boot camp and then to "A" school to be a corpsman.

They train with the Marines and do the same thing that Marines do as far as training goes....if they are embedded with the Marines and not in a hospital enviroment.

Any one can say Semper-Fi or Semper Fidelis.....if they have a voice box and can articulate words.

The word Semper-Fi has special meaning to certain people and corpsman are considered by most Marines to be "DevilDocs" and have earned the right!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Corpsman are about as close to Marines as one can get.....

The word Semper-Fi has special meaning to certain people and corpsman are considered by most Marines to be "DevilDocs" and have earned the right!
    yup

I would rather have my squad's corpsman next to me in a firefight rather than some marines.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    This is a joke, right? A Corpsman comes over to the good side of the force. A corpsman is as much a Marine as Chesty.
    They earn the rite by fire.

Doc Greek,,,,, You a squid? or a Marine,,,,,,,,,Pick one.

ask yourself, you are hit in a fire fight and yell for help and this one guys run to you under fire and knells beside you to check you out under fire and saves your life. I would call him brother and Marine anytime anyplace

OK, I am gonna five this seemingly ignorant questioner the benefit of the doubt and just tell him to check out the, "Devil Docs," forum on this site. You'll find it under the Forums tab.

Yes and no.

In fact if you hold up your end of the bargain your Marines will consider you more a "special marine"----if that makes sense.

You are 100% part of the team. They see you as one of their own. They still see you as some what different or special.

In fact you are not a Marine. You are a sailor. But a special type of sailor.

I think its the best rate in the Navy or the Fleet Marine Force. After being a Doc I never had one tiny bit of interest in being a Marine. I just knew I had it better. At least for me. I also never had any desire to be a regular sailor after being a FMF Doc.

And being a Doc is not as if you are almost as good as a Marine. And no one should ever look at it this way. There is no----"almost".

You are what you are an FMF Doc. An Infantry Doc. A Recon Doc. A MedEvac Doc. Each and everyone special in their own way.

Go to a Marine Corps reunion 40+ years after you stopped serving. Watch the reaction of the Marines when the Docs are introduced as a group.

The reaction will send shivers up your spine.

BTDT.

I've never met a FMF Corpsman that I didn't respect and who didn't work as hard or harder than me.

Thanks for the answers Marines.

Corpsman are not considered Marines. That's why their cammies say "U.S. Navy" and have the Navy's emblem on them.

They serve with Marines. They fight with Marines. They save Marines' lives. They lose Marine's medical records and close their eyes when they give us shots. But they have Marines' respect and are still sailors.

Thread Information