Marine OCS
Create Post

Thread: Marine OCS

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Marine OCS

I'm currently 18 years old about to go to college at University of Connecticut. As a kid I had always wanted to serve my country and there's no other branch that I rather be in than the Marine Corps. So I'm planning to join after I'm done with college and hopefully become an Officer. My college doesn't have Marine/Navy ROTC. Is there any other thing I can do to prepare myself for becoming an Officer the Marine Corps? And what am I going to be experiencing within Marine OCS? Is training in Marine Infantry for officers harder?

Try doing a search on the site for OCS, and the internet also, as this topic has been covered many times before.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedKey View Post
    I'm currently 18 years old about to go to college at University of Connecticut. As a kid I had always wanted to serve my country and there's no other branch that I rather be in than the Marine Corps. So I'm planning to join after I'm done with college and hopefully become an Officer. My college doesn't have Marine/Navy ROTC. Is there any other thing I can do to prepare myself for becoming an Officer the Marine Corps? And what am I going to be experiencing within Marine OCS? Is training in Marine Infantry for officers harder?
    As WMarine said, do a search.

Also check out this site: www.marineocs.com. That forum is more geared to all your OCS questions.

That being said, the short of it is that you have quite a few options to go the officer route outside of NROTC. Research Platoon Leader's Course and Officer Candidates Course. These are the alternative commissioning programs outside of NROTC and the service academies. After doing the research, feel free to ask me questions, or go to the marineocs forum. The whole forum is filled with new officers such as myself and candidates in your position. Good luck.

Thread Information