eligibility question
Create Post

eligibility question

Hey Marines,
    Im looking forward in enlisting soon. I have a quick question.
    In march I was kinda of feeling a little bummed because there was talk of my job being eliminated at work. My wife convinced me I should talk to our family doctor. After talking with him he suggested i try an anti depressant and I was prescribed one. Before taking the meds I researched them and didn't like the side effects or how they worked so I never took them or went to a follow up appointment. Is this something I shold worry about when enlisting and how should I approach this with a recruiter?
    Thanks

How about filling out all of your profile so the Marines who are going to answer your questions, know who they are talking to.....and you may also want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums too.
    Also, utilize the search bar on the site as the topic of depressants has been covered before.

Ask your recuriter maybe he will have your answer

Updated profile.

I searched before I posted the question. I couldn't find anything similar to my inquiry. I will be talking to my recruiter, I just wondered if anybody had any insight or similar experiences so I could have an idea what to expect.

Thanks

If you were prescribed something, the 'assumption' is going to be that you took the medication. If that be the case, you might have to wait (and get a waiver) prior to enlisting.

This question has many gray areas, and I'm afraid only a recruiter (likely with higher level guidance) will be able to give you the answer.

Thread Information