Who is this Marine from CT
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Who is this Marine from CT

http://pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies528.htm

A red flag was raised with this Marine as she is wearing the RVN ribbons, CAR/PH, etc.

Maybe a he-to-she person, but never heard of a female pilot in RVN

Credits
    Savings
    Interesting, and nothing higher than a Heart, not belittling, just saying.

As a Naval Aviator, receiving the CAR is one thing, but no Air Medal, or DFC, or the other officer awarded stuff.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Name

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fishbaugh View Post
    http://pownetwork.org/phonies/phonies528.htm

A red flag was raised with this Marine as she is wearing the RVN ribbons, CAR/PH, etc.

Maybe a he-to-she person, but never heard of a female pilot in RVN

Mike,

Do they give her name in the article? I couldn't see it. This site may help

http://www.popasmoke.com/

Dan

No Name

Other thanbeing out of uniform, they are wnting to know if anyone knows her or what her name is. I am almost sure, there were no lady pilots in RVN.
    Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fishbaugh View Post
    Other thanbeing out of uniform, they are wnting to know if anyone knows her or what her name is. I am almost sure, there were no lady pilots in RVN.
    Semper Fi
    Mike

I just sent an email off to the historian at Marine Helo Association. When I get a reply I'll post it here

Dan

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    Interesting, and nothing higher than a Heart, not belittling, just saying.

As a Naval Aviator, receiving the CAR is one thing, but no Air Medal, or DFC, or the other officer awarded stuff.

And as I'm sure Big Al knows, aviators get Air Medal points for getting shot at on missions, not CARs.

Credits
    Savings

And yet another

Scrolled down a bit in the initial link and found this;

" Date: Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 11:28 PM I just got back from a Caribbean Cruise, 20-27 March on the EURODAM, Holland America Line. There was an alleged Navy Captain in uniform so I talked to him. I think he might be an imposter. He was wearing a Silver Star, Bronze Star, Purple Heart, etc. He told me he graduated from MIT and went in to the Navy in 1980. He was obese. He had all the Navy uniforms and wore them throughout the cruise. He said his name was BURTON and told me he was in submarines for the past 30 years. He also said that he just came from Arlington National Cemetery where he buried his first son who was a Marine; he said the son jumped on a grenade in Afghanistan and saved several Marine lives. Also he said he was going back to Afghanistan with another son shortly. He also said his wife was an assistant to the President and could not be with him on the cruise. He also said he turned down promotions to O-7 twice. Seems kind of fishy."

I had to laugh at this one. He's on board a cruise ship in his "uniforms", (yes we all did that) He's obese, (nothing like girth to make you welcomed down below) He's an O-6 sub driver ,(most sub drivers are 0-5's) His son was buried at Arlington (checked it out, no Afghan deceased named Burton) In for thirty but turned a promotion twice to O-7( no sense letting those stars get in his eyes). Ah yes the ever present wife as an assistant to the President( nice to have a two income family) Was wearing the SS, PH and BS, (must have seen plenty of action against the IJN.) "Seems kind of fishy" It stinks!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    Mike

I just sent an email off to the historian at Marine Helo Association. When I get a reply I'll post it here

Dan

I look forward to hearing from the historian, but see the quote below.

A good friend, damm fine E-4 Crew Chief in the RVN, got out, then college, then back in and retiring after many years as a Colonel wrote-

This could be an up-hill battle.

Of the 14 MCL members in the pic, 8 are either Department (i.e. State level), or National officers.

This "questionable" Marine is surrounded by enablers.

I think a bit of research as to female pilots in Vietnam would be a place to start.... and I have done the google bit to no satisfaction.

He also wrote me-
    I also got call last night asking what uniform regs were for a he to she-
    Let's assume he/she earned the wings and did fly in RVN as a she. As a former male Marine can she "legally" now wear a WM uniform?
    Personally i don't think so, but....... if the MCL accepts him/her/whatever than it's their issue.
    I ****ing choked on a fine Martini on that one.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulu 36 View Post
    And as I'm sure Big Al knows, aviators get Air Medal points for getting shot at on missions, not CARs.
    True Chris, but I ****ed up and volunteered for a little extraction and ended up with a CAR.

Credits
    Savings
    Al

"Personally i don't think so, but....... if the MCL accepts him/her/whatever than it's their issue.
    I ****ing choked on a fine Martini on that one"

LMAO on that one, oops is that acceptable? Male to female? Never thought about it. I went back and looked at the photo more closely, She is small of stature, no Christine Jorgenson for sure( let the kids question that source). I looked at the face and it appears female to me. I hope the historian comes through, has the b$lls to do his job.. If it's legit then more power to her. What bothers me and others is the CAR, as you pointed you received it but as a Helo driver would she have been eligible?? Don't know. Beyond my pay grade

When and if the historian gets back to me, I'll be here

Dan

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Was there Female Pilots in Nam ? If there were how many of them were there during 1964 - 1975 ? Another Question, with all the sorties all over the place and aircraft shot down. No Female Pilots were at the Hilton or POWs, as that have ever been written about. Ask your selfs these questions and others ?

Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    My reply was -

But if she/he is not legit, then that is a violation of the Stolen Valor Act, MCI big nuts or not.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    My reply was -

But if she/he is not legit, then that is a violation of the Stolen Valor Act, MCI big nuts or not.
    AMEN!! Turn him/her in. Too many posers( I hate that word, phonies is what they are) Make them walk the WALL and face true heroes.

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by MOS1310 View Post
    AMEN!! Turn him/her in. Too many posers( I hate that word, phonies is what they are) Make them walk the WALL and face true heroes.

Dan
    They don't have the balls,DAN.........

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ecfree View Post
    They don't have the balls,DAN.........
    Ed I agree!! Maybe the powers that be should take them there at night, when it's calm, let them walk the WALL and answer to those inscribed who will forever be young. But you're right, no balls in our courts or politicians or phonies

Dan

Thread Information