Joining the corps. - Page 4
Create Post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    We only become "hostile" when someone other than a Marine comes here, and "disrepects" another Marine.
    Like I said...you mess with one Marine, you mess with us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Char2000 View Post
    Sigh...See what i mean by randomly insulted but i'm rude one?
    I was the Scribe all the way through boot and MCT, I'm still the Scribe in MOS school.

Maybe all that stuff you listed seems like a big deal, but in the Corps, it's expected you do all that and more. Basically I'm saying the Marine Corps has a higher standard.

...and before you go yapping that I don't know crap about the Army, I'm currently on an Army base at a Marine Corps detachment. You'd be doing yourself a favor by joining the Marines, trust me.

We had a few kids who were JROTC in my platoon.

-1 was on suicide watch within the first 2 weeks
    -1 Peed his pants/bed atleast twice a week (including the night of graduation)
    -1 was such a nervous wreck throughout the cycle he stuttered to the company commander, during inspection that Condition 2 was magazine inserted, bolt forward, round in chamber....
    -1 forgot to wear shirt stays for family day and had one of the most jacked up uniform
    All of them sucked at drill
    None of them were even in the the top half of our platoon

Your reputation starts way before you hit the yellow footprints. Don't just think you can do whatever the **** you want and then as soon as you hop on the bus at Savannah Airport, your life is given a fresh start. It doesn't work like that. I strongly advise you to take the chip off your shoulder now before somebody does it for you in the not to distant future.

The Marine Corps is all about respect. That's why you start saying yes sir, no sir, aye sir the minute you walk off that bus. For you, it doesn't matter whether it's a combat hardened veteran or the bootiest of boot. When it comes down to it, We've all earned our spot in the family and you're only trying to gain entry.

Your 'military' history prior to boot camp does not matter to the Marine Corps. You could have served 8 years in any branch of service but the minute you step onto the island, you're a recruit. The same recruit as the punkass kid next to you who has been taking shots of vinegar and chugging water so he doesn't pop positive for the joint he smoked two nights ago. Get it through your head that we don't give a **** how prestigious your rotc program is... your Drill Instructors won't either.

Now I'm sure if you apologized and dropped the attitude, some Marines would still be willing to help. Or you can continue to fight this losing battle. Up to you

P.S. I just read the so called "Disrespect" the SSgt showed you. If you think somebody saying "Army ROTC... big whoop", is direspect, I would pay money just to go back to boot camp so I could be in your platoon.

Good Day

Oh yea, I was in MCJROTC (Winnacunnet HS, Hampton NH), the only thing it helped me on was my rank structure and some drill and rifle manual.

MC bootcamp is a whole new monster, you have to go in with a blank mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    Your reputation starts way before you hit the yellow footprints. Don't just think you can do whatever the **** you want and then as soon as you hop on the bus at Savannah Airport, your life is given a fresh start. It doesn't work like that. I strongly advise you to take the chip off your shoulder now before somebody does it for you in the not to distant future.

The Marine Corps is all about respect. That's why you start saying yes sir, no sir, aye sir the minute you walk off that bus. For you, it doesn't matter whether it's a combat hardened veteran or the bootiest of boot. When it comes down to it, We've all earned our spot in the family and you're only trying to gain entry.

Your 'military' history prior to boot camp does not matter to the Marine Corps. You could have served 8 years in any branch of service but the minute you step onto the island, you're a recruit. The same recruit as the punkass kid next to you who has been taking shots of vinegar and chugging water so he doesn't pop positive for the joint he smoked two nights ago. Get it through your head that we don't give a **** how prestigious your rotc program is... your Drill Instructors won't either.

Now I'm sure if you apologized and dropped the attitude, some Marines would still be willing to help. Or you can continue to fight this losing battle. Up to you

P.S. I just read the so called "Disrespect" the SSgt showed you. If you think somebody saying "Army ROTC... big whoop", is direspect, I would pay money just to go back to boot camp so I could be in your platoon.

Good Day
    Very well said PFC!

Hey Char2000...what ever kind of name that is....I have watched you respond to my brothers and sisters with nothing but disrespect and rudeness yet still expect something in return for your hostilities. Usually, I can be one mean S.O.B. and everyone here...including me...knows it. So let me just respond to you THIS way...

First of all, all these Marines here who answered you are absolutely right in each and every way they responded to you. What you have to learn ...or should have learned....in your JROTC program....is some gawdamm military bearing. If you ARE in that program then SOME instructor should have mentioned this to you at least in passing when the possibility of you having an idea of trying to lead ANYONE even entered that melon frikkin head of yours!!

Now, the biggest reason why WE Marines respond to ANY hostility with hostility is because we are veterans and combat veterans and since WE have sacrificed so much for the very freedom of speech you seem so diligently to exercise here....the VERY frikkin least you could do is address that female Staff Sergeant Marine of my beloved Marine Corps with some gawdamm dignity and respect in your words as well as within your minuscule brain housing group....!!!! Learn it numbnuts...then maybe you can live it...!!

Oh and you are only 18 years old....?!?! Most of us were coming back from Desert Storm before the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's azz...having been Marines from YEARS before even that!!! Now if you still want information...and I'm sure that you do....drop your bragging about that pathetic azz JROTC program and trust and know that the Marine Corps is and always will be the finest fighting force in the world.....!!

So when EVER you come on this site to address ANY Marine either here or anywhere...you better lock your dam body up to the position of attention and show and speak the utmost respect that can come out of a pathetic, slimy azz civilian such as you....and you better hope and pray that Marine doesn't accidentally kill you...!!!

Show some dam respect because WE KNOW WE HAVE EARNED IT!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LOL @ Big Jim! I'm sorry, I have a visual.

Now I'm LOL'ing at the KID that started the thread. After about his second post, all I keep reading is blah, blah, blah, blah. Basically, KID, none of us can tell you if you have a good plan! It's YOUR plan - if it sounds good to you, what do you care if any of us doesn't? Some of us had plans going into it too - for some, it worked - others, not so much.

Give it a rest already!

Quote Originally Posted by Underdawg View Post
    I was the Scribe all the way through boot and MCT, I'm still the Scribe in MOS school.

Maybe all that stuff you listed seems like a big deal, but in the Corps, it's expected you do all that and more. Basically I'm saying the Marine Corps has a higher standard.

...and before you go yapping that I don't know crap about the Army, I'm currently on an Army base at a Marine Corps detachment. You'd be doing yourself a favor by joining the Marines, trust me.

I have a deep respect for the Army.I have a friend who's ranger.The man is a PT beast.My Senior Army instructor is a ranger as well.He's like a second father to me.The army does what they do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marine84 View Post
    LOL @ Big Jim! I'm sorry, I have a visual.

Now I'm LOL'ing at the KID that started the thread. After about his second post, all I keep reading is blah, blah, blah, blah. Basically, KID, none of us can tell you if you have a good plan! It's YOUR plan - if it sounds good to you, what do you care if any of us doesn't? Some of us had plans going into it too - for some, it worked - others, not so much.

Give it a rest already!

Ok.Just wondering if anyone had any comments or info on any of it.

Wow I missed it all. Your Lucky I was at work cause WMarine and myself would have tag teamed your ass! But in all seriousness... your JROTC rank only means contract PFC in the Marine Corps and not much else! I did 2 years of Navy JROTC and still got contract PFC. My little brother was Company Commander of an Amry JROTC unit in high school and said it was a joke compaired to Army basic training. He got his contract PFC (E-3) from that and now works on turbine engines for the M1A2 Abrams.

Just because you were in JROTC doesn't mean anything! Also you fail to realize that most Staff NCOs in the Marine Corps have either been a DI or Recruiter cause its part of their career for Promotions! Would you talk to a recruiter like that? Or better yet talk to a DI like that? You would be in the pit for days on end till you either break or actually suck it up and graduate!

As the old saying goes, "In order to get Respect you have to Give Respect" cause by the way you addressed all the Marines on this forum was totally disrespectful!

Now that I put my 2 cents in, good luck talking to a recruiter!

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    We had a few kids who were JROTC in my platoon.

-1 was on suicide watch within the first 2 weeks
    -1 Peed his pants/bed atleast twice a week (including the night of graduation)
    -1 was such a nervous wreck throughout the cycle he stuttered to the company commander, during inspection that Condition 2 was magazine inserted, bolt forward, round in chamber....
    -1 forgot to wear shirt stays for family day and had one of the most jacked up uniform
    All of them sucked at drill
    None of them were even in the the top half of our platoon

Good Day

A JROTC cadet that sucks at drill? Thats just sad on their part....a large part of the program is drill

Alright so, i'm 18 years old and decided on joining.I'm a 4th year, cadet sergeant major in my school's Army JROTC.

I've talked to my recruiter and here is the plan we've come up with.

1.I'm doing the reserves so i can go to college full-time near home.

2.My MOS will be 0621.

3.The unit i will join will be the 4th ANGLICO division.

My training should look like this:
    Boot Camp
    BCT
    29 Palms,CA for MOS training
    Fort Benning for Airborne training

I appreciate any info i can be given and will continue to post any questions i have in this forum.
    Big frickin deal don't bring up your bullchit with the army of none, this is a Marine Corps site and we could care less about the army.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT7477 View Post
    Big frickin deal don't bring up your bullchit with the army of none, this is a Marine Corps site and we could care less about the army.
    Hostile....

Hostile....
    Yeah, and so what if SGT7477 is.
    If SGT7477 wants to come in this thread and give his opinion, he can.

Leave it alone already, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Yeah, and so what if SGT7477 is.
    If SGT7477 wants to come in this thread and give his opinion, he can.

Leave it alone already, kid.
    But being hostile is not disrespectful? If he doesn't care about the Army he can at least say it in a non hostile way

Thread Information