Joining the corps. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    I earned my rank ROTC and i never said that that would translate to anything in the corps.All i'm here for is to ask if i had a good plan.

Well i am sorry Staff Sergeant (Starts Pushing)

However i said the exact thing in my original post at another Marine Corps forums and got this very respectful answer and many more:

"Good luck to you. Your reputation starts the moment you step onto those yellow foot prints. It continues with you through comm school in 29 palms, jump school and into your unit.

Comm school, your MOS school, has a very questionable reputation. Many young marines get into trouble there. My suggestion is to learn as much as you possibly can, but know that once you get onto a Firepower Control Team (FCT) or Supporting Arms Liaison Team (SALT) at 4th ANGLICO your learning has just begun. Your team leader and team chief will expect you to know everything about communications. Additionally, they will expect you to be very proficient in small-team tactics, fire support, patrolling, weapons, and etc. You will be crossed trained so you can do the scout-observer job, as they are crossed trained to be a communicator.

You mentioned going to school full-time, good on ya. However, be aware that you will most likely get put on active-duty at some point. Detachments from 4th ANGLICO are attached to the active-duty ANGLICO's for combat deployments all the time. During my deployments, we had teams from both reserve companies with us. They were expected to be just a proficient and professional, and they didn't let us down.

Good luck."

Just out of curiosity, what were your reasons for choosing to want to be a Marine, given that your exposure thus far has been through the Army JROTC program?

And what would you want to get out of being a Marine?

Quote Originally Posted by Char2000 View Post
    I earned my rank ROTC and i never said that that would translate to anything in the corps.All i'm here for is to ask if i had a good plan.
    You don't know what it means to earn something yet.

They best plan you could have at this point is to humble yourself and loose your attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by fs19 View Post
    You don't know what it means to earn something yet.

They best plan you could have at this point is to humble yourself and loose your attitude.
    I don't have an attitude though.I am really respectful person until randomly insulted

As for how i earned my rank:

S-6, Technology officer
    1. Manage technology assets of the Battalion. (Over $20,000 worth )
    2. Conduct technology training for members of the Battalion.
    3. Create and the Battalion Website.
    4. Perform all other assigned tasks given by the Battalion Commander, the Battalion Executive Officer, and Instructor staff.
    5.Keep digital records of battalion events
    6.Perform annual battalion briefing to brigade inspectors (Often included the Army operations manager from top brass)

Constantly show excellence in physical fitness

Exhibition drill team commander:

Just came back from state competition with a bus full of trophies

graduating with a 3.0 GPA

and much more

Now before you say "But it's just ROTC", what high school senior has been as responsible or done so much as me?I don't say this to brag but to prove a point.

I am:
    Fit
    Smart
    Respectful (I actually am)
    Committed

I'm.Just.Here.For.Guidance.

So lets try this.Forget the whole argument.

Heres my question:

What do you think of the plan i have?

As for how i earned my rank:

S-6, Technology officer
    1. Manage technology assets of the Battalion. (Over $20,000 worth )
    2. Conduct technology training for members of the Battalion.
    3. Create and the Battalion Website.
    4. Perform all other assigned tasks given by the Battalion Commander, the Battalion Executive Officer, and Instructor staff.
    5.Keep digital records of battalion events
    6.Perform annual battalion briefing to brigade inspectors (Often included the Army operations manager from top brass)
    So basically...he was the scribe. lol.

Answer the question I asked above and it will help me answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Beltayn View Post
    So basically...he was the scribe. lol.
    Sigh...See what i mean by randomly insulted but i'm rude one?

Some of what you have done as a ROTC, is what recruits do in boot camp, thus the reference to scribe. Before shooting your mouth off, ask what it means first.

Oh, and the SSgt that you so rudely insulted isn't a he, she's a Woman Marine.

While you have done what you have said that you've done in ROCT, you haven't done anything as far as EARNING the title of United States Marine.
    You're on a Marine Corps site, and you're just a guest here. Cut the crap with insulting Marines already. Marines follow a tradition of mentorship which is the reason why most of us answer you're questions here. If we perceive a bad attitude in your correspondence with us, you may become familiar with more of our traditions, hostility and belligerence. Don't go away man, just go away.
    You mess with one Marine, you mess with us all!

What you described is what we'd call a scribe. And nothing you listed is anything I would have found particularly impressive, even back in high school. That's not an insult, its an honest assessment.

You aren't the only one out there who's gone out and Done Stuff.

The difference is that you're quoting your credentials at us like we're supposed to be impressed by the dollar value of the computers you played power point presentations for your fellow high schoolers on when half of us work with 30 million dollar jets every day.

Quote Originally Posted by WMarine View Post
    Some of what you have done as a ROTC, is what recruits do in boot camp, thus the reference to scribe. Before shooting your mouth off, ask what it means first.

Oh, and the SSgt that you so rudely insulted isn't a he, she's a Woman Marine.

While you have done what you have said that you've done in ROCT, you haven't done anything as far as EARNING the title of United States Marine.
    You're on a Marine Corps site, and you're just a guest here. Cut the crap with insulting Marines already. Marines follow a tradition of mentorship which is the reason why most of us answer you're questions here. If we perceive a bad attitude in your correspondence with us, you may become familiar with more of our traditions, hostility and belligerence. Don't go away man, just go away.
    You mess with one Marine, you mess with us all!
    A.sorry ma'am
    B.I'm not insulting anybody!!!!!!!!
    C.I didn't say i did anything towards the title of a Marine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    D.My last hand full of posts have been full of respect but everyone keeps saying im being disrespectful?!?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Char2000
    D.My last hand full of posts have been full of respect but everyone keeps saying im being disrespectful?!?!?!?!
    OK, lets see....you disrepected a Marine SSgt......
    Quote Originally Posted by Char200
    Hmm...I am part of one the number ROTC's in the nation and im only 18.We're not all marines yet kid.
    I am talking to the staff sergeant.I can put up with lip from D.I.'s, that comes with the territory but but this Staff sergeant's original disrespective comment was not necessary.

You disrepected a Marine Sgt......

Quote Originally Posted by Char200
    Hold on, who the F**K are you KID. You are a nobody,when were you invited to this conversation little girl?

We aren't your "dudes", we are Marines.
    Dude i already exceed the graduation requirments,have multiple national awards from military organizations,Have a stack full of recommendations from Lt Colonels, 1SG's, and Sgt's.Get on my level you boot camp drop scrub.I didn't insult anyone until he insulted me first.

A.I didn't know he was a she.

B.The third quote is not disrespectful.
    "I am talking to the staff sergeant.I can put up with lip from D.I.'s, that comes with the territory but but this Staff sergeant's original disrespective comment was not necessary."

C.I said dude because i thought a marine friend, not a marine, was talking to me.

Well, next time you might want to check profiles, that's what they're there for.

How about capitalizing Marines.

And the "dude" part, you left off something.....
    Get on my level you boot camp drop scrub
    So, yeah, you knew you were talking to a Marine. We are the only ones who have been going back and forth with you. There's no other Marine Friends that posted here, only you.

Well, next time you might want to check profiles, that's what they're there for.

How about capitalizing Marines.

And the "dude" part, you left off something.....

So, yeah, you knew you were talking to a Marine.
    I believe a boot camp drop out is not a Marine so no i did not know i was talking to a Marine

Quote Originally Posted by Char2000 View Post
    I believe a boot camp drop out is not a marine so no i did not know i was talking to a marine
    Again, capitalize Marines!

And who's the boot camp drop out on here that you are refering to?

Again, capitalize Marines!

And who's the boot camp drop out on here that you are refering to?
    A.I corrected the capitalization immediately after posting
    B.This is wasting my time i've posted the exact post one two other Marine Corps sites and gotten friendly ,HELPFUL, replies from Marines. This forum is too dang hostile to none Marines.

Thread Information